Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: How's it looking for a WIN in Penn. for Romney?

Opinions are a dime a dozen, but I have heard that the lack of campaigning in Pennsylvania on the assumption that it is not a swing state, has left Pennsylvanians more open to getting information from debates instead of political advertisements, which gives a little bit of a Romney lean for the state. I have also heard that if the Philadelphia suburban area (the "collar counties") doesn't vote democrat as they had in the last election, then Pennsylvania could really be up for grabs.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Bucks County)

It really makes you wonder what priorities ppl have when it comes to who they support. African-American unemployment is the highest demographic under this administration, yet they support it whole-heartily. Food stamps have increased by 16 million ppl and 1 in 6 Americans are living in poverty, yet they are the portion of the population who support Obama. I can only hope the rest of Pennsylvania cast their vote with the concern of ALL of America in mind, not whether they can get free phones and more free stuff under Obama, because I hate to break it to them..but the free stuff is going to end as he will no longer have future voters to bribe since this is his last election.

(Cumberland County)

I concur with the earlier comment about Philly falling into the Atlantic...The numbers are staggering with regards to unemployment in the African-American community and yet inexplicably they will vote Obama. It is the ol' "stick it to whitey" mentality. I read that 95% of African-American's will vote Obama's way. I would like to state that I am a realist and not a racist, but I believe to win the election NIKE should have had a new product launch on November 7th so as there would be two lines people would be waiting in: one for democracy and one for a stupid pair of sneakers. Of course this is a joke, but it would be nice if this election was about the issues and not race. There are far less people who can answer 'yes' to the question if you are better off today than 4 years ago.

(Montgomery County)

Ground report. I live in Conshohocken, a philly suburb.

I see about 1 Obama/Biden sign for every 20 to 25 Romney/Ryan sign.

Most of the cats that I work with (steel business non union) who fervently voted for Obama last election, aren't very interested in this election, and will probably not vote in this election.

Remember all the obama t shirts, and bumper stickers, etc. I don't see any of that this election cycle.

Speaking for African Americans, or as they are preferred to be called, blacks, (i am half black, half jewish, half irish, one hundred percent American motherfucker)......Most of my buddies who are black are kind of disenfranchised with Obama, and the excitement is gone. One of my buddies is actually voting for Romney! He's educated, but lives in the hood.

I suspect a 5% to 10% plus Romney surprise in PA.

Look around a little bit.

(Lehigh County)

Romney has a much better chance in PA than many realize, and I'm pumped because of it

(Delaware County)

IMPO? I think Romney wins in a landslide. 56 to 43. He wins PA, Ohio and Illinois.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

I too believe that Romney has a chance. The reason is that the enthusiasm level for him is way down. You are not going to see the youth vote or the minority vote or even the liberal vote in the numbers that you saw last election. Obviously the hard core on both sides will turn out but I think you will see much lower turnout from the "leaning left" crowd and the younger voters. My daughters were very excited to vote for him last time - they fell for the "Hope and Change" line as well as Obama was a lot younger, more relate-able then McCain. Now they say the probably won't vote at all. We can only hope a lot of folks feel that way.

(Montgomery County)

If it is close, and it will be, Philly will 'find' the votes. In presidential election years if you watch the counties come in, Philly is always last as the city machine tries to figure out how many votes it needs to manufacture to pull it out. This one will be close for the reasons mentioned. It is common to comment on the overwhelming black support for Obama, although in many ways he has been their worst enemy, but not as much on the hispanic vote which is PA gets larger and larger each year in the cities and is important as well. so many have their hands out now - whites as well as minorities - that is the key to winning in the NE blue states for Obama, who my bet will still pull out a close one in PA with Philly's help.

(Delaware County)

Here in the squalid Philly suburbs, I'm not seeing the Obama yard signs like I did in 2008. On the other hand, I'm seeing more Romney signs this year than McCain signs in 2008.

The same folks are for Obama this election as last, and in a phone poll they are happy to say so.

But the yard signs tell me the Democrats are less motivated this year and the Republicans are highly motivated.

It's all about turnout. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Romney will eek out the win in PA.

How could one vote for Obummer in their right mind?
    Sent in my absentee vpballot last week. Seems like only yesterday people were telling me to kiss my guns goodbye. I never enjoyed being more right...

To each their own. I don't trust a word outta romney's mouth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast