Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Second Amendment Second to None Rally in Harrisburg

Gunowners Help Needed To Stop Harrisburg Gun Control Juggernaut
    Source - FOAC-PAC Newsletter March 08
    Download - PDF Flier

Second Amendment Second to None Rally in Harrisburg PA

Throughout the Rendell administration gun owners have been the misdirected focus of efforts to control and stop crime. With the willing help of the Philadelphia legislative Caucus, they've been able to block our legislation and introduce a myriad of bills (35 anti-gun bills in the House and 18 in the Senate) that represent the cream of the crop of gun control as advanced by Sarah Brady, Josh Sugarman and their teams. Up to this point we have been able to stop most of the gun control as represented in the committee of the whole in 2006 and the virtual daily attacks on us that occurred in the Judiciary Committee in 2007. This was achieved by the direct involvement of gun owners working together throughout the state.

Now we ask your help again as it is ONCE AGAIN TIME for gun owners to step up and let your voices be heard in the halls of power in the Harrisburg capital building!

On Monday, April 7, 2008 the Second Amendment-Second to None Rally in Harrisburg starts at 10AM in the rotunda (plan on being there at 9:00am) to celebrate our constitutional right to bear arms and to advance our mutual interests in freedom and legislation we have asked to be introduced that would achieve those goals. We cannot get there without your help! Up until now we've managed to show an increasing interest in the direct involvement of gun owners with each prior rally building upon the last. What we are looking for this time is a dramatic example of the desire of citizens to protect the freedoms that are an inseparable part of our heritage. We would like to see thousands of gun owners devote one day of their time in an election year to coming to Harrisburg and joining with us in making a statement that will be heard nationwide.

This is an opportunity for all of us to be able to say to those in Harrisburg who would limit or take from us the right to bear arms-NO MORE! This is a statement that will be heard not only in the halls of Harrisburg but in every election race for the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, the Pennsylvania Senate, Congress and indeed even President. It is also an opportunity for you to express through the media and your attendance at this rally to the United States Supreme Court that they should support what the founding fathers have bequeathed all of us and overturn the insane gun control laws in Washington, DC and reaffirm that we have an individual right to bear arms and protection of ourselves and our nation.

In the end it is all up to you as to whether or not you believe this right is important enough to turn off the TV or push away from the keyboard and learn how to really fix politics because at this rally each one of you will have the opportunity to join in the team that goes around and personally makes a political statement to each legislative office in the capital. This is a grassroots rally! It is meant to be your presence that is important and that is why we are going to show you how Pennsylvania gun owners practice politics. While you will obviously see many politicians at this rally as well as, hopefully, representatives from every national gun rights organization, in reality the real focus of this rally is to bring you to Harrisburg so that you can involve yourself in this process and learn what it takes to defend freedom. We will teach you how to wield REAL political power effectively, in Harrisburg to engage the legislators directly, ask questions, and explain why these flawed concepts won’t work. We will be there right with you shoulder to shoulder and we will show you what has made us the most important state in the nation in stopping these attacks on our freedom, but in the end it is all up to you and we hope you make the right choice.

Right now we have a slim majority in the legislature who will act appropriately when gun control is brought before them and the key leaders within this majority have worked tirelessly to set up this rally and to advance and promote legislation that will achieve those goals. This is a pivotal moment in Pennsylvania history and with your help we will make it a defining moment for not only the second amendment but the Pennsylvania constitutional right to bear arms, article 1 section 21 wherein it states "the right of the citizen to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be questioned". It is important to remember that the Constitution is really a piece of paper. What gives it true power is the citizens belief in it and willingness to stand by it at critical moments and this is one of those moments!

Please join with us on April 7 and we look forward to working with all of you!

Here is how the events will unfold on April 7th:

• 9:00AM Sign up, get your second amendment badges, and organize into groups under team leadership. Getting gun owners organized is a lot like herding cats or stacking marbles on a moving ship in the ocean.
    • 10:00AM Press Conference with legislators and second amendment leaders (lasting approximately about 1 hour).
    • 11:00AM After the press conference everyone will break up into smaller groups under team leadership. Your team leader will take you to specifically assigned state reps so that all 203 of them will hear from gun owners all across the state. Once these assigned legislators are visited then each team will float to other Representatives in the Senate and House including the personal representative of each attendee.

The biggest issue is that ALL 203 Reps and 50 Senators hear from gun owners, especially the anti-gun legislators that introduce these bills intended to strip your rights away. Your team leader will break around lunch time, after lunch meet up with your team leader to finish up. We plan these legislative lobbying events to run between 9am and 3pm.

You can help even further by doing the following:

Download the flier, print lots of copies, take it to your gun clubs and post it, take it your local gun stores have them post it as well, email all of your gun owning friends and relatives, let the word go far and wide across PA -- shout it loudly so that everyone knows the Second Amendment Is Second to None. Also visit the ACSL & PFSC websites and view the list of proposed firearm laws pending in Harrisburg.
    (Courtesy of ACSL Legislative Committee)
    Also visit the ACSL website and view the list of proposed firearm laws pending in Harrisburg.

PDF Flyer Download - Right click and save as.

http://acslpa.org/n-legislative/pa_p...egislation.htm
    http://acslpa.org/
    Last edited by doug; March 11th, 2008 at 07:20 AM. Reason: cleaned up thread and OP for readability

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: a Call to Arms-Gunowners Help Needed To Stop Harrisburg Gun Control Juggernaut

I would love to make this !
    I am going to plan on taking vacation days that Mon and Tues, me and my wife are discussing how we will make this.

I think its going to be a good idea for me to keep my son out of school that day, be active, and see how his gov works. That needs further discussion.

(York County)

Default Re: a Call to Arms-Gunowners Help Needed To Stop Harrisburg Gun Control Juggernaut

I am not familar with the area, is CC ok ? Is there someone I can tag along with ( meet up and ride into the city) I would like to be there.

Calvin

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I am not familar with the area, is CC ok ? Is there someone I can tag along with ( meet up and ride into the city) I would like to be there.

Calvin
    Firearms are not permitted inside the Capitol, but if you use the Commonwealth Avenue entrance, they have lockers where you can secure it. If you have a LTCF, CC to and from is completely legal. I OC'd in November while walking a couple block between the parking garage and the Capitol with no problems.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Cumberland County)

I'm in...lets show them that we remember what we are fighting for!!!
    MOLON LABE

(Northumberland County)

I have court that day, dont think I can make it.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Firearms are not permitted inside the Capitol, but if you use the Commonwealth Avenue entrance, they have lockers where you can secure it. If you have a LTCF, CC to and from is completely legal. I OC'd in November while walking a couple block between the parking garage and the Capitol with no problems.
    Will they have enough lockers?

Or will they use a cart at the capitol, too?

(Franklin County)

There are only eight lockers there. In November, there was just lobbying, no rally, (and IMO, a very poor turnout), so it wasn't an issue.

A turnout of folks carrying firearms on the scale of what happened at my hearing, would be a problem for them to deal with. I doubt that any advance notice would result in additional accommodation for gun owners.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lehigh County)

I will def try to make this.. All depends on Mr Boss lets the peon have time off. lol

I'll at least print some stuff out and let others know...

(Allegheny County)

whos going from Pittsburgh?

I think we are planning on leaving Sunday and getting a nearby hotel.

Still tenative, but making plans.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast