Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Breaking: Mass shooting in Milwaukee

An unfortunate reminder of why we carry and refuse to allow this type of lunatic to deal out our fate. Hopefully there are no fatalities.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/m...175147441.html

Brookfield - As many as eight people have been shot in or near the Azana Salon & Spa on N. Moorland Road in Brookfield, across the street from the Brookfield Square Mall.

The shooter, described as black, 6-1 and 270 pounds, appears to still be at large.

David Gosh of West Allis, his father John, and a friend, Ben Luedke, were returning from duck hunting when they saw a woman run out into Moorland Road screaming into traffic.

"She ran right out into the street was was pounding on cars," Gosh said.

A short time later, Gosh said, a large black man with a handgun ran out and appeared to be chasing the girl. However, at that moment, police started showing up and when the gunman saw them, he ran back into the building - or perhaps into the woods behind the building, where Westmoor Country Club is located.

"He was the shooter," Gosh said. "He was looking for an escape route."

Gosh and his father were fairly certain he returned to the building because they thought they saw him appear at an upstairs window and pull a shade down. However, scanner traffic indicated he may have left in a black Mazda. He reportedly was dressed in military fatigues.

Gosh's father, John, saw two women come out of the building who had been shot. They were bloody, he said; one appeared to be shot in the leg and the other appeared to have been shot in the back.

Police officers told Gosh that at least eight people had been shot. As of 12:30 p.m., at least 16 emergency vehicles were staged in the mall parking lot near the Boston Store department store, at the corner of Moorland and Blue Mound Road. Tactical officers are swarming the area.

Jurisdictions assisting in the effort included Wauwatosa, Town of Lisbon, Waukesha, Hales Corners, West Allis, Elm Grove, Town of Waukesha, Sussex, and Menomonee Falls.

Brookfield Square Mall has been locked down, and Moorland Road is closed between I-94 and W. Blue Mound Road.

Several cars with people arrived at Froedtert Hospital's emergency room, including one car with two young women who said they worked at the spa, but were not there this morning.

A bystander in the east parking lot of Brookfield Square, identified as Christopher Pfeiffer, 47, of Brookfield, said he was coming from church at Spring Creek church in Pewaukee when he pulled into the Barnes & Noble bookstore and saw a young girl running in the aisles of the parking lot. It's not known if it was the same woman as Gosh saw.

"She was screaming, yelling, crying hysterical. She was pleading for help," said Pfeiffer said. "She kept saying, 'My mother was shot.' And she mentioned that there was a gunman. She ran into the bookstore and I followed her. But I watched her from afar."

Then he said law enforcement descended on Azana. The man said the young woman was barefoot; he assumed she was a patron at the spa.

Another man, Paul Moll, 64, of Milwaukee, was having lunch at the Red Robin Restaurant and said he just saw police car descend on the scene. He said he noticed someone was wheeled out of the spa building in a chair. He said he heard there was an active shooter inside.

Just after noon, a Flight for Life helicopter could be seen at Brookfield Square. Police and fire units from New Berlin, Waukesha, Town of Lisbon and others were on the scene.

The shooting scene is less than a mile from the Sheraton Hotel near I-94. On March 12, 2005, seven people were killed and four wounded when Terry Michael Ratzmann opened fire at a Living Church of God service at the hotel. Ratzmann, a 44-year-old computer technician, then committed suicide.
    Freedom, Reason, Peace

Default Re: Breaking: Mass shooting in Milwaukee

Another crazy person with a gun. Probably prohibited. Looks like there were no fatalities.

Local news reports indicate that this is a domestic dispute between a man, the shooter and his wife who is getting a divorce. The guy appears to be a real jerk. Restraining orders against him and he was ordered to turn in his guns. Apparently he hid his motorcycle some place used his car and then abandoned it. There is also something about a possible IED. This happened in a suburb of Milwaukee called Brookfield about 20 miles west of Milwaukee. Latest count 3 dead 4 wounded. The trauma center where the victims were taken is in lock down just in case the shooter tries to finish what he started.
    The Azana spa (where the shooting took place) is a GFZ and a pretty high end business. It is across the street from a pretty nice shopping mall. I know the area. I94 just to the south and a major east west thorough fare to the north.
    Easy in and out.
    Update: the shooter was found dead.
    Last edited by Grizz2720; October 21st, 2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: news update.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Montgomery County)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJefferson View Post
    The shooter, described as black, 6-1 and 270 pounds, appears to still be at large.
    As well as just plain LARGE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRUa_E1CugU

Had a no contact restraining order placed on him on the 8th. I am not sure what the laws are but would you all support confiscation of all firearms at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    Had a no contact restraining order placed on him on the 8th. I am not sure what the laws are but would you all support confiscation of all firearms at that point?
    He was suppose to have turned in all firearms after the restraining order was issued. I don't like the idea of confiscation of firearms for any reason.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    Absolutely not, it's way too easy to get a pfa in this state. If a real victim needs someone to blame let them blame all the women before them that abused the system by using pfa's as leverage in divorce or custody cases.