Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Free Zones

(Allegheny County)

Default Gun Free Zones

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

Hi everyone! I am new here and wanted to start a new conversation about gun free zones. My family and I were taking in a movie at one of the local theaters and my youngest son who is 17 notice the sign at the door.. "No Firearms Permitted Beyond this Point"! My son looks at me knowing that I am carrying concealed and says.. I guess we cant go in and see the movie. I told him that my firearm is for the protection of myself and more importantly, my family! If I am carrying concealed they wont notice unless I get the pat down and that probably wont happen. My question to all of you is... Do you carry in a "gun free zone", or do you just totally avoid those places? I would love to hear your thoughts... Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gun Free Zones

What gun?

(Delaware County)

I usually don't carry when there is a policy against it. I avoid those places. I do carry in one place where it is against policy and I feel like a hipocrite for doing so.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJefferson View Post
    “Just as it is the duty of all men to obey just laws, so it is the duty of all men to disobey unjust laws.”
    I don't think the op is asking about laws, I think his question is about policies of private property.

(Beaver County)

I prefer to avoid "Victim Zones" as much as possible, but there are exceptions.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Lancaster County)

To the OP you just admitted to commiting a crime. But going against the property owners rules. I would not post that I broke the law. IMHO

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by jade1911 View Post
    Hi everyone! I am new here and wanted to start a new conversation about gun free zones. My family and I were taking in a movie at one of the local theaters and my youngest son who is 17 notice the sign at the door.. "No Firearms Permitted Beyond this Point"! My son looks at me knowing that I am carrying concealed and says.. I guess we cant go in and see the movie. I told him that my firearm is for the protection of myself and more importantly, my family! If I am carrying concealed they wont notice unless I get the pat down and that probably wont happen. My question to all of you is... Do you carry in a "gun free zone", or do you just totally avoid those places? I would love to hear your thoughts... Thanks!
    So, you admit to violating PA Title 18, Chapter 35, Subsection, 3503(b) Defiant Trespasser?

You might want to read the rules here before posting.

http://forum.pafoa.org/rules-129/175...fractions.html

Illegal Content

Blatant (320 points, Never expires)
    Posting content that could get you or us arrested will result in not only a ban, but us contacting law enforcement. If you can't figure out the kind of stuff we're talking about, you'll probably never be affected by this rule.

Gray Area (5 points, Expires in 1 month)
    We do not want to know where you pirate your music, movies and TV shows from or similar things.

========================

Illegal Activity

Willful & Serious (320 points, Never expires)
    If you are engaging in or suggesting people engage in committing a serious crime on this discussion forum you will be permanently banned without warning. One example of this would be engaging or encouraging someone else to engage in an illegal straw purchase of a firearm.

Willful & Moderate (40 points, Expires in 1 month)
    PAFOA considers engaging or suggesting people engage in any crime to be a punishable offense, however we recognize the difference between suggesting breaking firearm laws and suggesting someone pirate a movie.

Ignorant (10 points, Expires in 1 month)
    Same as above, but we don't think you did it knowingly and on purpose. However we still really need to drive home the point of how badly such behavior reflects on all firearm owners.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Op never said he entered the theater. He may have inferred it but he did not admit to breaking any laws. He said he was heading in, noticed the sign, and then stated the dialogue he had with his son and that's where the post ends.
    Freedom, Reason, Peace

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJefferson View Post
    Op never said he entered the theater. He may have inferred it but he did not admit to breaking any laws. He said he was heading in, noticed the sign, and then stated the dialogue he had with his son and that's where the post ends.
    The wording of his post is in a manner that makes one believe he did go in.

Should he/she clarify differently, I'll have the warning retracted. But, as a warning for everyone - publicly stating on this site that you knowingly violate the law wont be allowed.

I dont care personally what you actually do, just dont publicly announce that you violate the law or support violating the law at this site. Not only can this site get into trouble, but police have been known to use this site to gather evidence(another event involving murder of 3 cops).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The wording of his post is in a manner that makes one believe he did go in.

Should he/she clarify differently, I'll have the warning retracted. But, as a warning for everyone - publicly stating on this site that you knowingly violate the law wont be allowed.

I dont care personally what you actually do, just dont publicly announce that you violate the law or support violating the law at this site. Not only can this site get into trouble, but police have been known to use this site to gather evidence(another event involving murder of 3 cops).
    I understand your point but I don't believe he was breaking the law. I think you can enter private property with a gun even though it is against policy.
    You don't have to post a link, I have read the statute. I am taking one of the defenses to mean you can enter but must leave if told to.
    I liken it to the "other lawfull purposes" defense for carrying on school property. I don't advocate anyone following me in lawfull matters. I have no personal experance in this matter and it is just my understanding of the law. I may be completly wrong.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast