Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Who does cerakote?

Any one in SEPA do cerakote and what would you charge to do a slide on a pistol in purple?
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Who does cerakote?

Contact Brian Ahearn at http://eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/ He is a member here and is on often. I know his work and you can see it on his page above.

(Cumberland County)

I do cerakote

Cerakote is a very durable finish, but dude charges too much. You can get it done for less money from other vendors. Local or not...it's a tough economy and charging more then the next guy isn't going to keep a business running.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR003 View Post
    Contact Brian Ahearn at http://eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/ He is a member here and is on often. I know his work and you can see it on his page above.

Xringshooter does ceracoat, I've seen his work, it's nice.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Cerakote is a very durable finish, but dude charges too much. You can get it done for less money from other vendors. Local or not...it's a tough economy and charging more then the next guy isn't going to keep a business running.
    I don't know who "dude" is but I have seen lots of Brian's work at EFR.
    It is top quality and well worth what he charges.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Do you really know what all has to be done to do a Cerakote job correctly? It's not just strip the gun down, degrease and spray. A correctly done Cerakote job entails COMPLETE disassembly of the gun, prepping ALL the pieces (big and small), being painstakingly careful that you don't contaminate any of the parts prior to coating them and then thoroughy inspecting the completed parts to insure they were coated correctly and completely. If not, you have to take it all off and start over again. With the Cerakoting (or Duracoating, etc.) I truly feel that you get what you pay for. Quality is not inexpensive.

Oh, and yes I also do Cerakoting and I think you'd find that my charges are very similiar to Brians. I have not had a customer yet say that I charged too much for the work I did.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lancaster County)

Do either of you do work with the burnt bronze cerakote color?

(Jefferson County)

$140 to refinish a gun is a good price if disassebly is required.

I'm thinking about having my 1911 and 92FS cerakoted.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

See chuck-10 and Xringshooter, Ballistkote I believe as well as myself we all do cerakote. I have seen Xringshooters work and its very nice and I have seen Ballistkotes work again very nice. Xringshooter and I are both FFLs as well as in the cerakote business,you need an ffl to ship and receive firearms. chuck-10 I have not met or seen any of his work ,but I am sure he does nice work. Any one of us could handle your project, I believe that I am the closest one an hour north of you in Easton Pa within driving distance. There is a lot needed to be in this business first you need an ffl you must keep track of all firearms coming and out. Then you need media blast equipment. I have 4 blast cabinets, the largest is a 78 inch long double media blast cabinet with 2 work stations and can accommodate a browning 50 cal machine barrel. Of course you need work benches ,tool cabinets , handtools etc and coating equipment. In my case I had to go thru rezoning in order to to establish a firearms business. Xringshooter pointed out that it is a detailed process and when properly done produces a nice result, that requires investment on the part of the business owner . I forgot to mention part racks to hang parts on for coating, baking ovens and cooler storage for cerakote storage to maintain shelf life. Then there is the cerakote not cheap stuff $35.00 for 4 ounces, $65.00 a pint , $90.00 a quart and $300.00 a gallon, I stock $7000.00 dollars of cerakote currently and am getting in additional colors every week as customers request them. Cerakote has a 6 month shelf life approximately so you have to be careful about what quantities you buy so it is not wasted. I would not have a problem with what any of the above gentleman charge because I fully understand what goes into the process. I do this fulltime and am currently building a large scale production oven because I have outgrown my other three. So if someone tells you Slide cost $70.00 plus tax in cerakote and you don't like you have options shop it around or do it yourself. I offer 10 percent off for all law enforcement and all active military reserve and vets all the time. Also I talk to people online and by phone all the time about how to do cerakote -a lot of guys out there are car hobbists and have a lot of the equipment needed to do cerakote except the oven -you can bake in the wife's oven but it will stink up your house. Guys and gals let me wish you a happy holiday season and feel free to contact me or any of the above gentlemen for your cerakote needs . Brian /EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast