Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default DHS Buying 750 Million rounds of .40 Hollow Point ammunition?

Has anyone else heard of this? It seems that the consensus is that it is for target practice but who buys hollow point for target practice?

http://theintelhub.com/2012/04/05/th...t-three-years/

What is the Department of Homeland Security planning for?

Am I being paranoid or does this seem like they are prepping for some sort of police state or martial law takeover?

Some suggest they are switching the military service pistol to .40 but then why hollow point. Are hollow points not banned for use in combat? It must be for some sort of domestic anti-personnel use.

What do you fellas think?
    “The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt.” Ice-T

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: DHS Buying 750 Million rounds of .40 Hollow Point ammunition?

I can only be sarcastic while reading this.

if s does htf at least I know where to go to "collect" me some ammo for my sub2000.

(Allegheny County)

Im still turning this one in my head, but not coming up with any good scenarios haha. One thing that I read on another thread was that these are orders, and just that. It may take 5-10 years to fulfill these. I'll keep it in the back of my mind, but won't think too much of it. Maybe buy a few more thousand rounds myself, and hope they sit and get old.

I would like to know what this works out to in rounds per agent per year?
    NRA Endownment & NRA Pistol Instructor

(Chester County)

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...mmunition.html

Why does Homeland Security need 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition?
    Lee DeCovnick

The Department of Homeland Security has purchased 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition- that is not a typo -- during the last six months. This includes 450 million rounds of .40 hollow point, 200 million rounds of .223 rifle ammunition, and 176,000 rounds of .308 168-grain hollow point boat tail (HPBT) that is used almost exclusively as ammo for sniper rifles.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Lackawanna County)

This week the DHS graduated the first class of the FEMA CORPS, over 200 modern day, Brown Shirts, with many, many more to follow, they will help law enforcment in times of national emergency.

I seen this on one of the alternative web news sites I use. You won't see this on the MSM.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by lourendo View Post
    Has anyone else heard of this? It seems that the consensus is that it is for target practice but who buys hollow point for target practice?

http://theintelhub.com/2012/04/05/th...t-three-years/
    it's a spring article, that also mentions 750 million rounds purchased by various domestic agencies in the course of the last several years. It's not really that much. There are about million cops in different LE branches, so in the end it comes to the 750 rnds per cop for several years. I'd say I wish our cops are better trained.
    Je suis déplorable

(Lancaster County)

It's one or more of three possibilities. Possibility A, they want to corner the market and tie up the ammo production so average people like you and me can't get it, as they saw in 2008 the only way to freeze sales was to run out the supply. B is they see some serious stuff coming that's going to piss off a large portion of the population. C is the current White House occupant intends to destroy US gun and ammunition production so they're buying up all they'll need ahead of time.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Berks County)

Most departments (that I know of) require you to qualify with the exact same round that is carried for duty use.
    I don't feel like breaking out the calculator, but twice annual qualifications, 60rds per qual. X # of officers/agents + unknown variable of officers that need more than 60rds to qualify (I've seen multiple failed attempts) + the usual 46rds per officer that is just carried + unknown variable of extra ammo carried above norm.
    There's a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Wayne County)

This has been discussed here before. The point people consistently miss is they "ordered it" but it hasn't been "paid for". They set up these contracts to get low prices from the manufacturer. What the govt cant afford gets sold to a wholesaler, then gets sold to us.

Check it out you can buy some from the last contract

http://www.sgammo.com/product/winche...ter-q4369-ammo

$18 for 50 180gr bonded hollowpoints is a great deal, thanks to your govt. ordering what they dont need and cant afford. In fact everyone should buy a ton of boxes so we can shoot back at the drones and black helicopterborne shock troops as they kick in our doors to put us in fields of plastic coffins guarded by world bank sentries.
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; October 19th, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast