Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Problem With Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact 40 Cal. Magazines.

I recently purchased this gun NIB. I also ordered 2 additional mags. The 2 mags that came with the gun in the case frequently get stuck after the last round is fired. The slide catch lever won't work when the mag gets stuck. To eject the mags I need to manually move the slide back just a bit, hold it, slap the mag in, and push the eject button. The 2 extra mags that I purchased work flawlessly. All 4 mags are Beretta (blue steel 10 rds). Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue with the 2 mags that came with the gun.
    Last edited by Drgiggles1; October 18th, 2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Added Caliber Size

(Chester County)

Default Re: Problem With Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact 40 Cal. Magazines.

Look at the mags, you should see a bit of wear on the part that is catching. polish that point down with a bit of very fine sandpaper like 500-1000 grit or something. if that does not fix it, go back to the gun store and ask for replacements and show them what is wrong. any reputable gun dealer should accept an exchange on defective mags. if not, talk to beretta and they should give you an opportunity to replace em.
    “The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt.” Ice-T

(Pike County)

Thank you for replying lourendo. After close observation of the mag the steel is in perfect condition. However the follower appears to have a crease in both failing magazines. Seems like on the last trigger pull the slide gets caught up on the follower. I sent an online msg to Beretta Support last Thursday, on Friday their response was "What is the serial number of the pistol ? Responded back same night, and 4 days later their response was "We sent you replacements". So all in all a rare online support experience that went the way it should.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the follow up. Rep sent.
    “The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt.” Ice-T