Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Jim Thorpe Gun and Knife Show

Gun Show at Memorial Hall in Jim Thorpe, PA

Saturday Nov 17 9am-4pm
    Sunday Nov 18 9am-3pm

GPS coordinates 40.877691,-75.725101, on East 10th Street

Sporting, Tactical, Self-Defense, Target, Military, and Antique firearms, accessories, parts, optics, knives, clothing, militaria, collectibles

Admission $6

Buy-Sell-Trade

Tables $45, Commonwealth Target Company (570) 640-0144

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Jim Thorpe Gun and Knife Show

Did anyone go to this?

(Schuylkill County)

Unfortunately, I did. I figured I had to go to Mauch Chunk lake to take my canoe out of mooring so I might as well stop there first. I should have looked into the hall before paying my 6 bucks. Very few guns there. Mostly hunting rifles. There was 4 or 5 AR rifles and maybe 10 pistols. Thats it!!! It really wasn't worth the money or time. If you go to this show you'll be greatly disappointed.

(Carbon County)

As stated, this is a small show. I for one hope they keep having it, and that it does grow. Years ago it used to be bigger, but then for whatever reason they have not had it in a few years. They started it up again this past spring. There were more guns then, including a bunch of nice Garands.

I saw a lot of knives, some of them hand crafted and quite nice. There is one there that I am really tempted to stop in a grab tomorrow. A bit pricier than I have spent on a knife, but damn, it would make a great butchering knife.

There were a few tables of scopes. Might be good for someone looking for one.

Several tables of backpacks of various sizes and colors. A sheath maker, with a few tables of his stuff, and willing to custom make anything for you. Soft rifle cases. Some Nazi stuff, some books, a bunch of Henry 22's, and Ruger 10/22's. I bought one of those there in the spring. There was assorted other gun show stuff, just too little of it.

I did good, and it was well worth it for me. I got 10 boxes of Hornady .54 XTP sabots for the muzzleloader at $4 each. Also grabbed a few hundred of 22 Jet mag and 30 Herrett ammo for the Contender. It's getting harder to find some of the calibers I have, so it was a pleasant surprise, and I grab it when I can. Plenty of other wildcats and such there today. Been wanting a tomahawk for camping and such, and got a SOG Tactical Tomahawk there. Some other little things too.

Very few ammo (overpriced and beat up) cans, no bulk ammo dealers, no reloading supplies (some dies and such, but no components or powder), no jerky. Stuff I would expect, and hope, to see.

I support it, as it would be nice to see the show grow, and to have it worth the vendors time and effort to be there.

(Schuylkill County)

"I support it, as it would be nice to see the show grow, and to have it worth the vendors time and effort to be there."

I would support it to if they had more vendors. Better planning was needed on this one. I support small gun shows too but not this small. There really wasn't much there. I really felt ripped off paying money for that. Bring in more vendors before you run this show.If all gun shows started this small there would be less gun shows because alot of ppl showing up would feel like I do.