Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Time to move my 'ASS'

What a fine day. Bow hunters must be falling asleep in their tree stands and I am hit with a COPD flare up. Feel like crappola. 51% breathing capacity, sitting and watching the boob tube. COPD. Who to blame ?? Look in a mirror----- Enough of that, move on you nitwit.

I know that grizzly will be out 1 1/2 hours before the sun stretches the shadows. My 3rd year with this guy. The .204 is a reacher. The problems ; he knows my moves and finding a backstop for a miss.

The PLAN---Get out 3 hours before game time and lay prone. Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong (some Murphys Law guy).

Like a train on time, there he is. 'FRIG'. An escape hole he uses to come up, no back stop for the RIGHT SHOT. Please Lord don't let me start coughing. Inhalers, please don't rattle. 75ft to crawl. It won't happen. 10ft to go for the right shot. Came this far, just breathe, breathe and go for it.

I made it, shaking like hell and I don't believe it was from my lungs, but I had a backstop.

He never looked at me. Not a longie, 115 yards, 7 power and right behind the shoulder.

Probably the last of the year, but I will give 'em HELL next year. With my B-Day coming up on the 26th and a cake for Pop Pop, that chuck will grow a pound a day. I know the game. I am a fisherman and was a deer hunter. They always get bigger.

Make sure you get off your ass and enjoy a 'FINE DAY'----PS: If you were there, you would buy a ticket, to see me trying to set up a timed snap shot. 19 trys and I lucked out before it got dark. Also, I did get a good picture of my leg.

Pics below-----and 11:30PM-----CONTENT ! ! !
    fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ImAfossil; October 18th, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Erie County)

Default Re: Time to move my 'ASS'

i have friends that post on facebook their "adventures of chuck and slayer".... its funny and fun but they enjoy hunting them...
    live to ride

(Wayne County)

Fun read and congrats on the kill. Good on you for having the drive and motivation to get out there even when you aren't feeling 100%
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Beaver County)

Good shooting.Good pictures.

Hope you have some time to get out while Indian summer is still happening.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Lebanon County)

Default WHE ME ????????????

Thanks Grump & guys. Looks like it will be in the 70s this week, so that may not have been my last time to glass the fields.

How is A-5 doin ?????????????

Time for a laugh. When you look at the pics above, those rings around my eyes are not my glasses.

In April I got new cheaters (glasses). I lost them in July, in my favorite field. Took them off to shoot and went up to see if I hit.

Holy poop. I left my galsses up there. They became fodder for a combine.

The other day, during that 75 ft crawl, I lost the replacement pair. Near sighted. Past 18 inches of sight, everthing looks the same. A massive blur !

S A M E ------F I E L D ! ! ! More combine fodder for the last cut. Just ordered my 3rd pair, same prescription + a major po'd wife.

What a blinkin' nitwit------Hey I heard that out there---- 'and he's allowed to carry gun'. YIKES !!
    fossil
    Last edited by ImAfossil; October 21st, 2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: fix
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !