Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Fayette County)

Default M&P Shield Magazine Drop

I posted earlier today in another thread about my shield having a problem with the magazine falling out of the gun when i fire it. After looking online i've found that its a pretty common problem. Has anyone else here experienced this problem and if so, how has S&W customer service been treating you?

Below is my post from the M&P Shield - Sending Back Thread.

Im sending back my .40 as soon as they email me the shipping label they promised me two days ago that i would receive within 48 hours. Just had to call them back and now its another "within 48 hours". My barrel still looks new but im having alot of problems with the magazine falling out of the gun when i fire it. As the magazine detaches, its trying to feed the next round so it all gets jammed up. From what i've been reading online, this has become a really common problem. Of course i took it to the range and tested it before i started carrying this gun but it worked flawlessly until this last trip. From now on, im going to be doing alot more testing before carrying any gun in the future. It just scares me to think what would have happened if i had actually drawn that gun in self defense.

Smile Re: M&P Shield Magazine Drop

Have not experienced this issue with my S&Ws Sheild 9mm or 40,I am thinking maybe,just maybe some shooters have a longer thumb which hits the release,Any opinions on this question and thought ?

(Fayette County)

Default Re: M&P Shield Magazine Drop

That was the first thing I thought of so I tried shooting it with my thumb off the grip so there was no way I was bumping the mag release. Still kept dropping them. Like I said, the gun worked perfectly up till this last trip to the range. From what i've been reading, it usually takes awhile for the problem to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    That was the first thing I thought of so I tried shooting it with my thumb off the grip so there was no way I was bumping the mag release. Still kept dropping them. Like I said, the gun worked perfectly up till this last trip to the range. From what i've been reading, it usually takes awhile for the problem to occur.
    Recommend S&W Customer Service,They are very good and since this is a rarity would not be surprised if they offer another magazine extra for yourTrouble,let us know how you made out,good luck !

(Fayette County)

I've always heard good things about their customer service but so far im not impressed. I called them early in the morning two days ago about my shield and a problem i've been having with my m&p .22 pistol. When I fire the last bullet, the slide will not lock back. But if I pull the slide back manually with an empty mag inserted, it locks back. The guy told me my gun was dirty. I replied that it is not as I clean them regularly and at the first sign of trouble I had cleaned the gun and magazine thoroughly. He says that within 48 hours they would email me two shipping labels to mail my guns in. He takes down my name, street address, and phone number and as he sounds like he's about to end the call, I ask if maybe he wants my email address so he can actually send those shipping labels. Well it was past 48 hours this morning and still no email. I called them back today and they said it would beanother 24 - 48 hours till I recieve the email.

(Fayette County)

It would be great if your right about the extra magazines. I've been looking for extra one for my m&p .22 for months since it only came with one. No one has them. As for the shield, i like to carry two back up magazines when i carry. Already have the holster and two magazine holders. Just need the extra magazine.

(Allegheny County)

"Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Unfortunately i need the 40 caliber mags.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/146...tainless-steel

Im just waiting for those to be in stock. Although 30 dollars is a little high i think. Guess its just because they are so new and hard to find right now.