Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good question from youtube. "what would you do?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g10QD...ature=g-user-u

The video should explain it all. What would you do?

To me, the being drunk part doesn't have much to do with it by itself it properly carried. But being this guy was using an extreme method of unsafe carry definitely raises an eyebrow. Adding in the fact that the guy is drunk. I would have watched the guy, but I don't think a police call was in order.
    Last edited by Franky4Fingers; October 16th, 2012 at 11:47 AM.
    [account deactivated]

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Good question from youtube. "what would you do?'

Either leave them the F alone, or call the police if they are posing a real and substantiated threat to society.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

I think I'd have to see it in person to say what I would do. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't call the cops, but the drunkness plus the method of carry combined increase the likelihood that this gun is going to be handled a bit. It also suggests a third component, lack of discipline with firearms, that's probably going to add to the mix.

I'd of been more concerned about his drunk driving as opposed to drunk "Mexican" carry. In that regard I would of called the cops for DWI or just left it alone and went about my business.

"what would you do?'

Leave.

/thread

(Beaver County)

Turn around and leave. I don't want to be around when this guy blows a hole in himself
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Either leave them the F alone, or call the police if they are posing a real and substantiated threat to society.
    Right, so what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I think I'd have to see it in person to say what I would do. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't call the cops, but the drunkness plus the method of carry combined increase the likelihood that this gun is going to be handled a bit. It also suggests a third component, lack of discipline with firearms, that's probably going to add to the mix.
    Thats the thing. The guy is handling his firearm in public. A glock no less with no lockable safety. He's drunk, and he's not carrying in a holster, and hes in a public place.

That may very well be reason to call the cops. He does pose a threat to society. But I would definitely have to be there and I'd definitely be watching this guy.
    Last edited by Franky4Fingers; October 16th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
    [account deactivated]

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Gotcha View Post
    I'd of been more concerned about his drunk driving as opposed to drunk "Mexican" carry. In that regard I would of called the cops for DWI or just left it alone and went about my business.
    This would have been my first reaction. If he was too drunk to carry, he was too drunk to drive. The chances of hurting anyone other than his butt while carrying like that, is less likely than him killing someone trying to drive home drunk.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    Right, so what would you do?

Thats the thing. The guy is handling his firearm in public. A glock no less with no lockable safety. He's drunk, and he's not carrying in a holster, and hes in a public place.

That may very well be reason to call the cops. He does pose a threat to society. But I would definitely have to be there and I'd definitely be watching this guy.
    As I had replied. In the given example he wasn't waving or displaying his gun in a menacing or threatening manner - so, I'd leave him alone.

I've seen lots of drunks pocketing or holstering their guns. ...just about every time I go to the sportsmans club I see it - ain't nobody been shot yet.

Confronting an armed drunk has more potential to cause a calamity than leaving an armed peaceful inebriated person alone. Even though the police are better trained to handle such situations, the potential is still there when they confront such a person.

If you feel that threaten, then leave. If you feel he is an actual threat to society due to his demeanor - then call the police.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    As I had replied. In the given example he wasn't waving or displaying his gun in a menacing or threatening manner - so, I'd leave him alone.

I've seen lots of drunks pocketing or holstering their guns. ...just about every time I go to the sportsmans club I see it - ain't nobody been shot yet.

Confronting an armed drunk has more potential to cause a calamity than leaving an armed peaceful inebriated person alone. Even though the police are better trained to handle such situations, the potential is still there when they confront such a person.

If you feel that threaten, then leave. If you feel he is an actual threat to society due to his demeanor - then call the police.
    I completely agree with Knight. Unnecessary police interaction creates a potential for conflict when none need exist. Sure, he was probably breaking the law by way of public drunkenness, and DUI, however calling police can mean a shootout if they barney-fife the situation. This often times happens with MWAG calls....
    Last edited by OldSchoolPC; October 16th, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast