Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Allentown Gun Range??

Quote Originally Posted by kahamlett View Post
    I agree. I haven't been inside yet but I know that Army/Navy isn't exactly cheep. They do have mostly what I looking for but definitely will not be the cheapest. Perhaps I can take a walk over there sometime soon.
    What place do you think has good prices? I am new to looking at handguns in the area and I've been to Boyers, Handgunner, Army/Navy and Cabelas so far. They each kinda have their models that are cheaper then others. Cabelas seemed to be the highest priced. Boyers and Handgunner has some of the best reviews and their guys were great to talk to. Army/Navy is the closest, and actually seemed to have a gun I was lookin at almost a hundred cheaper then others... which shocked me. Makes me want to go back to the others and check what I read.

I want to check out some more places but finding places isn't that easy. Or at least places with hours that I can seem to get to. I had a friend recommend Bucks Sporting goods outside Lehighton so I will check them out. I stopped at Eagle Arms out on 222 but it was closed cuz I was too early. When ya have a 2 year old being up early and ready to go doesn't always jive with the open times of most places..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by renalp View Post
    . . .

It's a good thing for Allentown to have a new shop, and it would be great if it could be discussed here without people automatically associating the location with gangs and crime.
    Yes, and we should discuss the fashion sense of Jeffrey Dahmer without always mentioning the murders and cannibalism. Discuss the Twin Towers without always talking about 9/11. Talk about Washington politics without getting sidetracked by corruption.

Allentown is what it is, and much of it is the inevitable result of deliberately courting Welfare recipients to bring their "income" into Allentown, after the major industries shrank and died. A city pumped full of new residents who lack a work ethic will be a city whose streets are filled with idlers and criminals who prey on the increasingly small pool of honest people, where retirees hide inside their homes, where the crime reports are a few variations of drug deals gone wrong and bar fights ending in stabbings and shootings.

Denial is not a substitute for fixing problems, and Allentown has major problems. Anybody want to bet against me when I say that I expect at least one burglary/robbery attempt of this place within the next 12 months?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Northampton County)

This address given doesn't seem right. 1365 13th. 13th street doesn't go that high to the north. Is it 1365 Tilghman?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by borntotravel View Post
    This address given doesn't seem right. 1365 13th. 13th street doesn't go that high to the north. Is it 1365 Tilghman?
    Coming from the west on Tilghman, make a right on N 13th Street.. The correct address is 629 N 13th Street.
    Last edited by joelitespeed; October 20th, 2012 at 05:50 PM.

(Northampton County)

Thank You. Have a nice weekend.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RedNutInc View Post
    What place do you think has good prices? I am new to looking at handguns in the area and I've been to Boyers, Handgunner, Army/Navy and Cabelas so far. They each kinda have their models that are cheaper then others. Cabelas seemed to be the highest priced. Boyers and Handgunner has some of the best reviews and their guys were great to talk to. Army/Navy is the closest, and actually seemed to have a gun I was lookin at almost a hundred cheaper then others... which shocked me. Makes me want to go back to the others and check what I read.

I want to check out some more places but finding places isn't that easy. Or at least places with hours that I can seem to get to. I had a friend recommend Bucks Sporting goods outside Lehighton so I will check them out. I stopped at Eagle Arms out on 222 but it was closed cuz I was too early. When ya have a 2 year old being up early and ready to go doesn't always jive with the open times of most places..LOL
    I just bought a new Taurus PT809 and did it through the Army Navy website and picked it up in store. I had read some of the negative comments, but it was close, convenient and the price was great. They called when it arrived, the transfer went fast and they were all pleasant enough. I understand about the kid issue...I have two of em and getting any "Free" time for me is rare!LOL

(Northumberland County)

I was born in Allentown Hospital, i grew up there from 16 yrs old to 28yrs old - it used to be a nice town back in the 90's i used to go to the deaf club on 8th street.

4th st to 9th st very bad full of drug dealers.

16th st to end is a nice part of town (high class)

yea alot of companies closed down including AT&T on Union Blvd and etc.
    i used ot live in slatington (nice small town when i lived there)

alot of gangbangers are moving in from Reading and Philly areas and moving in the slums.

just cuz a gun business is set up in Allentown dont mean its bad for business ,they do background checks and dont sell to suspicious people. I do hope Allentown does prosper in the future but i highly doubt it.

They say home is where the heart is...

(Bucks County)

I live 15 miles south of Allentown, and I don't know whether the scum has oozed south from it or north from Philly but it's here now too. It's not infested the town, but as with the former nice towns of Reading/Allentown/Bethlehem, it won't take long. I moved here 12yrs ago, and back then it was a nice quiet town, albeit known for strange ppl living here. I'll take strange ppl over criminals and ppl that treat the world as their trash can anyday. As far as new range in Allentown, yes. It's located at the corner of Rt 78 & Rt 22, goes for about 18 sq miles.

(Lehigh County)

hopefully once the stadium is built the area will improve also hope this gets built http://www.lvb.com/article/20121211/...d#.UMi006zNm_g
    common sense is a mf

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    As far as new range in Allentown, yes. It's located at the corner of Rt 78 & Rt 22, goes for about 18 sq miles.
    Got any more info on this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast