Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Allentown Gun Range??

Quote Originally Posted by kahamlett View Post
    Be nice now...how else do you think one can afford multiple MG's and suppressors? Got to fund the Class 3 hobby somehow....
    Hey, no offense meant. I just get annoyed about the suggestion that everyone in Allentown (or Reading, or Philly, etc) must be a gang banger. It was actually the comment from the "super moderator" that got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I wonder who their target demographic is - gang bangers, or the people they shoot at?
    Quote Originally Posted by renalp View Post
    Hey, no offense meant. I just get annoyed about the suggestion that everyone in Allentown (or Reading, or Philly, etc) must be a gang banger. It was actually the comment from the "super moderator" that got me started.
    I will parse that comment for you since you seem incapable of understanding it. There are two kinds of people in Allentown.

1. Gang bangers.
    2. Everyone else - aka the people they shoot at.

I don't know how that could be any clearer, but if you still can't understand, let me know what parts elude you, and I will do my best to explain it in even simpler terms. How, I don't know, but I will try.

I read the papers, I spend a fair amount of time in Allentown, and I have encountered quite a few people wearing gang colors both in town and at the Firing Line. I also have a number of friends who live within the city limits who are not gang bangers. I take offense that you think I am insinuating that I think everyone in the town is a criminal. My statement, which I quoted for you above, does not imply that at all. It is not unreasonable to wonder who a store like this is going to cater to. Some stores cater to the military surplus crowd, some to hunters, some to hand gunners, and some to the tactical crowd. It is all in how they style themselves. Save your sanctimony for someone else.

(Bucks County)

Hmm. Seems to have hit a nerve.

Still not seeing why it was useful or relevant to bring it up, but whatever.
    Last edited by renalp; October 17th, 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I will parse that comment for you since you seem incapable of understanding it. There are two kinds of people in Allentown.

1. Gang bangers.
    2. Everyone else - aka the people they shoot at.
    Except that "parse" doesn't mean "insert words to alter the original sense." What you actually wrote was, "gang bangers, or the people they shoot at," ignoring the majority who are neither perpetrators nor victims of violence.

On my part, I guess I should have been more precise in saying "I get annoyed about the suggestion that everyone in Allentown (or Reading, or Philly, etc) must be a gang banger or victim."

It's a good thing for Allentown to have a new shop, and it would be great if it could be discussed here without people automatically associating the location with gangs and crime.

Quote Originally Posted by renalp View Post
    Except that "parse" doesn't mean "insert words to alter the original sense." What you actually wrote was, "gang bangers, or the people they shoot at," ignoring the majority who are neither perpetrators nor victims of violence.

On my part, I guess I should have been more precise in saying "I get annoyed about the suggestion that everyone in Allentown (or Reading, or Philly, etc) must be a gang banger or victim."

It's a good thing for Allentown to have a new shop, and it would be great if it could be discussed here without people automatically associating the location with gangs and crime.
    My apologies for appearing to stretch a point. I did not mean to do that at all. I could just as easily written, "The people they shoot at - aka everyone else." It does not change the meaning of the sentence. Gang bangers let rounds fly indiscriminately. They are lousy shots. Along with reading about the average marksmanship of street thugs, I've spent time on the range at the Firing Line on a couple of occasions with young gentlemen dressed all in red. I have seen how they shoot. Anyone and everyone in the city is a potential target for these thugs. And, you cannot get away from associating the location with gangs and crime. It is there all the time, every day. It is a fact of life. It is documented.

I am not saying (and did not say) everyone in the city is a criminal. Far from it. I think it is a great idea for the people in the city to have easy access to guns. I feel strongly enough about that that I was at Delia's in Philly to counter protest the idiots from "Heeding God's Call" last year. But that does not prevent me from wondering who they intend to target as their market.

(Northampton County)

I'll have to check this place out. Its on my way home from work. I know someone posted about high prices but maybe they will mellow out once they get going. I hope they check out their local competitors prices and can compete. I guess their closest is ArmyNavy.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RedNutInc View Post
    I'll have to check this place out. Its on my way home from work. I know someone posted about high prices but maybe they will mellow out once they get going. I hope they check out their local competitors prices and can compete. I guess their closest is ArmyNavy.
    I agree. I haven't been inside yet but I know that Army/Navy isn't exactly cheep. They do have mostly what I looking for but definitely will not be the cheapest. Perhaps I can take a walk over there sometime soon.

Any word on transfer fees? This is a very convenient location for me.

(Lehigh County)

I specifically asked about this . He indicated 25 for FTF transfers. Internet purchases he was not so clear on, especially if he sells it.
    Last edited by joelitespeed; October 19th, 2012 at 07:53 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast