Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default I just took a duty.

CZ P-07 DUTY chambered in 9mm. $460 at my LGS. Took it to the range today and it performed beautifully! Sorry, no pics!

I LOVE this gun. Used it in DA/SA configuration as that is how I like to carry, but it can quickly be configured to have a manual safety and be carried C&L.

She ate up:

100 rounds of UMC
    50 rounds of American Eagle
    50 rounds of Federal Champion
    25 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 115gr
    50 rounds of Golden Saber 124gr +p

...and not a single hiccup. Ergonomics are the best I've felt as far as polymer guns are concerned. Thumbs forward grip did not affect decocker or slide catch. The DA pull is heavy, perfect for CC but did not hinder accuracy and I didn't have any first round flyers really. SA was just fantastic. I did slow shooting at 5,10, and approx 18 yards and was very happy with the performance at all ranges. I was really smiling after rapid firing at 7 yards and finding a nice group even though I was barely acquiring my sights. Even the SD ammo did not present much recoil problems. This is only my second gun, and I'm by no means a marksman but I shot this gun better than any Glock, M&P, Springfield or Beretta and was on par with my buddy's full size BHP. Very, very pleased thus far. I'm really happy. Thanks CZ!

My only complaint is that getting the 16th round into the magazine is almost as difficult as getting a full magazine into the gun. Hopefully they'll loosed up a bit. At this point I don't have any problems with cramming the mag in there, however if I were to carry a spare magazine it certainly would only have 15 rounds in it.
    Freedom, Reason, Peace

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: I just took a duty.

cool, i always wanted to shoot a CZ i never got the chance! they are very well built guns , i did fondle one few years ago it was nice an all steel SP-01 very beautiful gun but a bit pricey.

Glad you like it. I ordered an OD green one while employed at a LGS about 5 months ago. Still do not have it....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJefferson View Post
    I just took a duty.
    Great play on words there, although admittedly, I curiously checked out the post expecting to find... well, I wasn't quite sure what I would find.

Thanks for sharing.

Took a duty huh? Well, seeing as how you were exercising your 2a rights, I suppose you could say you took your constitutional.

P.S. G'night folks. I'm here all week.
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

(Montgomery County)

I still don't know what that means! That aside, CZ line confuses me. They got 5 compacts that look to me very similar. P-06, 75 Compact, 75D PCR Compact, P-01, P-07 Duty.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I still don't know what that means! That aside, CZ line confuses me. They got 5 compacts that look to me very similar. P-06, 75 Compact, 75D PCR Compact, P-01, P-07 Duty.
    Well the P01 is basically the Glock 19 of CZs. NATO tested and very reputable. 75 compact is just what the P01 is called in Europe I believe. The P06 is just a P01 in .40, The PCR is a P01 without an accessory rail. The P07 is a polymer gun designed to be a duty weapon as well as a CC weapon. The P07 has the new 'Omega' trigger which is much smoother than the old style as it utilizes less moving parts, and its capable of being switched from decocker to safety. I believe the Compact and PCR are being retired in 2013. Coming down the pipeline you have the P02, which is a P01 with the new Omega trigger, which I'm really looking forward to. And also the P09 which is a full-size P07 with inter changeable back-straps. .... see that's not confusing right?

And yes, any time I get to make a poo-poo pun, I dump on it ...errr jump on it!
    Freedom, Reason, Peace

(Montgomery County)

Thanks, it is all very clear now!

(Delaware County)

Did you wipe?

(Pike County)

That's nice to hear, don't forget photo's.

BTW, about your magazine loading issues consider buying one of these: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/952...-polymer-black

It makes loading magazines much easier, I plan on buying one for Christmas.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; October 14th, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast