Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Carry gun just too heavy...

Does anybody else besides me hate having the weights of say even a Glock 19 on their hip? I wear mine in a versa max 2, but after like cutting the lawn or anything with it on, i just want to go inside and take the darn thing off. I wear it with a wilderness belt, but the thing is just heavy with all those rounds in it. Every day, i just want to switch to a 26. I think i'm going to have to do that in the next few weeks.

I know some people will probably love to tell me how they wear their fully loaded glock 21 or whatever, but i mean try going outside and cutting an acre of lawn with an IWB holster. It's a pain.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DanV1317
    Does anybody else besides me hate having the weights of say even a Glock 19 on their hip? I wear mine in a versa max 2, but after like cutting the lawn or anything with it on, i just want to go inside and take the darn thing off. I wear it with a wilderness belt, but the thing is just heavy with all those rounds in it. Every day, i just want to switch to a 26. I think i'm going to have to do that in the next few weeks.

I know some people will probably love to tell me how they wear their fully loaded glock 21 or whatever, but i mean try going outside and cutting an acre of lawn with an IWB holster. It's a pain.
    I switched from a Fullsize G22 to a Compact G19 2 weeks ago and I love it so far. I also have an XD subcompact but to me it's just too small. I get so used to carrying a gun it feels weird when I take it off. I generally keep my gun on me from the time I put on pants in the morning to the time I take 'em off at night.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

There are a lot of lighter weight options but also consider size options. Glocks are light weight but still relatively "chunky". You'd be amazed a what a difference a single-stack design makes. I used to have a Kahr K40 (all steel version of this excellent design) The actual weight was comparable to the Glock 27. My Dad and Bro-in-law both carry G27's. Even though the weight was close, the slimmer design made the Kahr seem to carry much lighter. I would bet the polymer Kahr's would be a downright pleasure to carry. If you are set on sticking with Glock, consider the model 36. Not a lot thinner than their standard models but a little means a lot.
    Personally I go with a lightweight snubby. Easy on the pocket, even all day, and barely noticable when carried on- or in-the belt.

Be safe,
    Jim
    Be Safe,
    Jim

(Lehigh County)

I think it's more of the "chunky" type than the weight that makes one feel uncomfy.

I can only be able to wear my 23 for half of a day due to it "chunky" feel but I can wear my Kimber all day long in a same out fit and same pisition of IWB, the belt also comes to play as an important part of distributing the weight of my Kimber too.

(Montgomery County)

I am a woman and the weight of a XD9 is forgotten after an hour or so. I just keep having problems hiding it. How many carpenters wear a nail apron all day and forget the weight?

Hiding the gun, the 'clunkiness' of them and the consent bumping my elbow against the gun butt are the real problems.

(Cumberland County)

I switch back and forth between a G31 and SP101. Weight seems to be of no issue. YMMV

G19, 21 ounces empty, no mag
    SP101, 27oz empty
    G31, 23oz empty, no mag
    Do not worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about the buckshot addressed, "To whom it may concern"

(Montgomery County)

I carry a 26. I can carry this all day with no discomfort but I carry OWB almost exclusively now. I still use IWB when I cannot conceal OWB but 80% of the time, my 26 rides in an Alessi CQC/S and is very comfy.
    If you can cover it, the 19 will be just as comfortable. I know my 17 and 228 are no problem in a CQC/S as well.
    I usually bring a box of holsters to every TRP shoot and you are welcome to try them. They are all built for 1.25" belts though.
    I wear 1.25" leather gun belts or my Wilderness Frequent Flyer belts, also 1.25".
    Mike

(Chester County)

I pocket carry a colt OACP steel frame. I also carry 2 extra wilson 7 round mags in the other pocket. I can deal with that set up for a long time. No hassels. I also pocket carry a 38 snub. That would be for work or real hot summer day. I feel much better armed with the OACP. I use to carry a commander and a full size government model in a pancake holster but it was very uncomfortable. Never mind hard to hide. pocket carry is good for me.

(Lycoming County)

I carry a Beretta Tomcat, it fits in my pocket and I don't even notice it.
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams

(Schuylkill County)

I know shoulder holsters are the unwanted stepchild of the carry community, but I've been carrying a SIG 228 in a Galco Miami Classic for over a year now and really like it. It balances very well and I often "forget" it's even there.

It's perfect for those who spend alot of their day in a vehicle.

Plus, 39+1 rounds is some serious insurance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast