Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Looking for Private land to shoot a shotgun

Hello all, I am in an odd situation. I am looking for someone who has land where I can shoot a shotgun. I do not have the money nor transportation to warrant obtaining a sportsmans club membership, or I would already have one.
    So I would like to meet someone who has land where I could shoot. I would prefer if you were within 20 minutes of Greensburg, Westmoreland County. I WILL NOT be hunting anything, merely target shooting. I would be more than happy and would prefer to meet with you or talk on the phone prior to coming to shoot. I will pass a background check with flying colors if you have the means to do one. My friend will as well, as he will be driving the two of us there and shooting as well. We are both well trained and competent with our firearms. We would be shooting between 100 and 150 rounds of birdshot, buckshot, and possibly slugs. We will clean up after ourselves. Please reply here or send me a PM, I will be checking back here frequently.

Thanks for your interest and I hope to hear from you,
    GLOCK10mm.
    Last edited by GLOCK10mm; October 12th, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Looking for Private land to shoot a shotgun

Well, the spot that I found is now Posted, so I'm bumping this. Let me re-iterate, we WILL clean up after ourselves. Boxes, targets, and we will even give you the brass to reload if you so desire.

I really hope someone can help, I'm SOL when it comes to shooting spots. Even if it's not your land, if you know somewhere free to shoot, please let me know.

Thanks,
    GLOCK10mm.

(Allegheny County)

PMSC costs $60 a YEAR. ($100 first year)

How much are you planning to spend o the ammo you want to shoot?
    Just sayin'.

Otherwise, good luck with your search. Maybe you'll get lucky.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

It's no so much the cost of membership. Youngwood Sportmans Club, which is very close to me, has similar dues IIRC. It is the lack of transportation to the club to justify paying the dues. I just can't get full use out of it, and since that is the case, I'd rather spend that money elsewhere. Believe me, I'd rather belong to a club. Shooting is more fun with other people in my opinion.

It depends on what you consider going often enough to justify paying the dues. If I could pay for a place at $60 (or even $100) a year to go whenever I did have transportation, and could only go 3 or 4 times a year, I'd call that a wash.

You might find someone with private land that would be willing to let an armed complete stranger and friend come on to their property. But I think I'd have a better chance of monkeys flying out of my butt. (being funny there, not a smartass). I'd have to get to know you pretty well before I'd do that.

Your best bet might be to join the local club. The reason? You said it yourself, its always more enjoyable to shoot with other people. AND you may end up finding someone who wouldn't mind swinging by your place to pick you up when they go shoot next time.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

(Berks County)

I'm confused. You don't have transportation to a club but you do have transportation to private land? If you have money for ammo you have money for a range. Mine is 20 dollars a year. Most in my area are under 100 a year. Join a club. You won't regret it.
    Last edited by Takem; May 9th, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

(Bucks County)

I highly doubt someone who doesnt know you is going to let two strangers shoot on their land and possibly gunk it up and have the liability of you getting hurt and going sue happy on their land without a long written legal/notorized paperwork which is more hassle than shelling out the 100 bucks for a range membership and be done with it

(Westmoreland County)

Well, you guys all have interesting points. I may just have to look into the local club.

(Susquehanna County)

Why not just go to the public range that the PA game commission provides? Cost is $35 for a year, or free if you have a valid PA hunting license. You are also allowed 1 guest with either of those options.
    Stay armed my friends.

(Montgomery County)

Do you need transportation just for the range? I am paying $130 a year and haven't been there in a year. Just knowing that it is there whenever I want to is worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast