Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 911 call makes me LESS LIKELY to reach out for help if I ever have to use my firearm.

I'll make the call when I'm good and ready.

Couple of key points.

When you call 911 just tell them you shot a intruder and your location (physical address and location in the house). Kind of baffled that the homeowner put the pistol away after using it. Tons of questions, were they expecting this couple to perform CPR? Moreover, who lets an intruder use their phone after breaking into their house. I would have had her hog tied

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...6pLid%3D218550

Default Re: 911 call makes me LESS LIKELY to reach out for help if I ever have to use my fire

Where their lives in danger? Where they in fear of great bodily harm? Just push her out the door.

Default Re: 911 call makes me LESS LIKELY to reach out for help if I ever have to use my fire

Some of these comments are absurb!

"It's amazing to me that a couple would stand in front of a tiny 20 something girl in a well lit room and shoot her.
    That's amazing.

I would have simply given her a blanket and my sofa and left a glass of water and some aspirin on the coffee table. I would also left a note for her so she could be oriented upon awakening. No doubt the couple will be voting for Romney... "

"It is amazing how little good sense is displayed in some of these comments. One would believe that this young woman smashed down the front door with an axe a la Jack Nicholson and then threatened this couple. There is no acknowledgement that she was possibly drugged. There are no questions as to why in this age of the cell phone neither the home owner or his girlfriend called 911. Nor are there any questions as to how she managed to get in the multi-million dollar home and into the bedroom without the owner hearing her "break" in. No alarm system? No lock on the front door, which is where she entered? I went out and went through numerous other reports and found several that were identical to what was reported here except for one thing that AOL/Huffpo left out. This"There are about 12 to 15 cases each year of drunken college kids wandering into someone's home, according to the Boulder County District Attorney." Notice the DA didn't say break into. But I will take exception with man who shot her. People here kept saying that the room was dark and the police report said that they had turned on the lights. He could see that she was unarmed and a warning shot would more than likely done the job. He shot her for his own lack of being smart enough to lock the front door. "

Tons of these types of comments....

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    Where their lives in danger? Where they in fear of great bodily harm? Just push her out the door.
    I cannot agree more. She looks all of 120lbs. She was intoxicated to the point of not remembering anything. If i wasnt a married man, I would have got her phone number and called her a cab.
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

Are those questions relevant to someone breaking into your house?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflat24 View Post
    I cannot agree more. She looks all of 120lbs. She was intoxicated to the point of not remembering anything. If i wasnt a married man, I would have got her phone number and called her a cab.
    How do you make that determination at 3:30 in the morning in darkness? What if it was a 140lb drunk male wearing khakis and a dress shirt exhibiting the same behaviors? Would a 120 girl on meth be dangerous (if that was the case)?

Would you take that same approach if her accomplice was hiding in the house waiting to disarm you?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    How do you make that determination at 3:30 in the morning in darkness? What if it was a 140lb drunk male wearing khakis and a dress shirt exhibiting the same behaviors? Would a 120 girl on meth be dangerous (if that was the case)?
    Its called a surefire flashlight. I have one attached to my gun. Its amazing how much light it produces. Very useful when trying to tell friend from foe in the dark.
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflat24 View Post
    Its called a surefire flashlight. I have one attached to my gun. Its amazing how much light it produces. Very useful when trying to tell friend from foe in the dark.
    Anybody who wonders into my secured house at night is not a friend. I have a flashlight in my bedroom, to get to my kids room if someone cut the lights. I use a defensive strategy, get my wife, infant and my other two kids into my bedroom. Call 911, once that door is breached you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    Are those questions relevant to someone breaking into your house?
    She didn't break in she stumbled in an unlocked back door. The homeowner turned on the light and asked her to leave a few times. Then shot her. Where is the threat of great bodily harm or death. Colorado law allows you to shoot an unarmed intruder. That doesn't mean you should.

Watch the second video for the above facts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast