Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Looking for local Glock armorer in Delaware Co. to upgrade firing pin Glock 17 Gen 1

I recently purchased a 1986 production Glock 17 Generation 1 (AF serial number, first 1000 imported into the US) and I am looking for a Glock armorer in Delaware County to perform the firing pin/trigger parts upgrade to meet the current safety specifications. I know I could send it to Glock and have it done there for no charge, but I don't want to part with it for that long. Is there anyone around that is certified by Glock to perform this upgrade? If so, what kind of costs and turnaround time would be expected? I have not broken the gun down completely to inspect all the internal parts, but I believe it to be all original. The recoil spring/rod was the only thing I recently replaced with a current production Glock captive spring (and I kept the original, non captive spring/rod). I am also interested in keeping all the original firing pin/trigger parts if that is possible. Thanks in advance for the info.

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Looking for local Glock armorer in Delaware Co. to upgrade firing pin Glock 17 Ge

send it to glock. the price for parts alone will pay for shipping and the job will be done correctly. this coming from a glock armorer.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Looking for local Glock armorer in Delaware Co. to upgrade firing pin Glock 17 Ge

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    send it to glock. the price for parts alone will pay for shipping and the job will be done correctly. this coming from a glock armorer.
    I see you are from Mechanicsburg.. My good friend john is also a Glock Armour and he lives close in Hummelstown..

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: Looking for local Glock armorer in Delaware Co. to upgrade firing pin Glock 17 Ge

that,s another plus with glock. between all of the le armorers and stocking dealers that took advantage of the classes you can usually find a glock guy somewhere. i can be found at mechanicsburg ordnance 717-766-9606. and yes we generally have most of the small parts in stk.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Looking for local Glock armorer in Delaware Co. to upgrade firing pin Glock 17 Ge

FWIW, a Generation 1 Glock pistol has some collector value, you might want to do some research before altering the one you have. If nothing more, you probably could swap it for two, Gen 2 pistols.

YMMV

AJ at Kings Shooter Supply in KOP is a glock armorer. You could give him a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the responses, everybody. The more I think about it, the more I want to keep it as original as possible to preserve it as a good example of an early Gen 1 model 17. I am going to look into the upgrade a little more before I do anything, because I really just wanted to make sure the gun was as safe as possible. If It is reasonably safe with the original parts, I will probably just leave it alone. Thanks again for the responses.

(Beaver County)

Hello, what upgrade? I have one and Glock did a upgrade free!. Installed Nickel plated parts.
    'It is Their Right, It is Their Duty, To Throw Off Such Government '

I have the upgrade parts, PM me if you still need it done.