Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Default Re: Please help to understand the topic of weapons. The topic was from Russia

Hurricane "Sandy".
    In Russia are worried for you.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Please help to understand the topic of weapons. The topic was from Russia

Quote Originally Posted by spravos View Post
    Remember, though, the history of the United States. In 1930, the actual power in many cities in the United States was in the hands of the mafia. In new York without her consent was impossible to get a contract for the construction works. Many of the mayors of cities, the police and even the senators were bought by criminals. And the criminals managed in the country, despite the fact that in the hands of the citizens of the USA have weapons. The attack on the criminal world did not start from the population. It started from the U.S. government and the FBI. The FBI was one of the few organizations in the United States, which was saved from the influence of the criminals. And this attack ended in victory. Yes, people often acted as a reliable assistant authorities. But as the assistant, but not as the main force.
    You have a solid grasp of US history!

But, one point you don't see is that the Mafia rarely, if ever, directly attacked the innocent civilian populace with violence. Robberies, yes, but murders were reserved for rivals and the police. So, that is one reason they persisted for so long: The populace never rose up in arms against the mafia, because the populace only saw the mafia as a problem for police. In fact, Mafia owned streets were often the safest in New York city because no average criminal would dare operate into mafia territory.

I like your comment about us all being the same regardless of country - we common people. Спасибо. (<--- from google, I hope it's correct!)
    ~ All Knowledge Is Worth Having ~

Quote Originally Posted by the1jeffy View Post
    You have a solid grasp of US history!

But, one point you don't see is that the Mafia rarely, if ever, directly attacked the innocent civilian populace with violence. Robberies, yes, but murders were reserved for rivals and the police. So, that is one reason they persisted for so long: The populace never rose up in arms against the mafia, because the populace only saw the mafia as a problem for police. In fact, Mafia owned streets were often the safest in New York city because no average criminal would dare operate into mafia territory.

I like your comment about us all being the same regardless of country - we common people. Спасибо. (<--- from google, I hope it's correct!)
    I know about this moment. I also know that often mafia provided assistance to ordinary people. That sorting out conflicts and often resolve those conflicts were faster and more equitable than the actions of the judges and the police of that time. But American citizens, who lived at the time, knew what they had taken the main values. If I understand correctly civil society of the USA, the main value for you - it's freedom and rights. It was about this was the first replies to the topic. The Constitution of the United States ... the Constitution of Pennsylvania ... Declaration ... all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.

The actions of the mafia in the time taken for the people of the rights and freedoms and to appropriate them. The right to govern the country. The right to manage people without the right of choice of the people. They did it slowly, step by step. But quite confident. And it is difficult to say what would have been the United States today, if they were not stopped. And what would the world today. Because the United States, of course, have an impact on the whole world.

P.S. Спасибо = thank you. It is written correctly. -))

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by spravos View Post
    Hurricane "Sandy".
    In Russia are worried for you.
    Я сам потерял электропитание на 5 дней.((

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678