Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default 9mm AR SBR mag block question

Hello,

I am working on a 9mm AR build and I'm trying to decide between the Hahn dedicated block and the Hahn bottom-loading block. I've read many threads regarding the various mag block choices and some of them seemed to suggest that the dedicated block will not work with a .223 upper. I'm not sure what was really meant by that statement.

Does anyone know if there are any problems using the Hahn dedicated mag block with a 9mm upper built on a .223 stripped upper (like a VLTOR MUR-1S)? Is anyone running this setup?

Thanks.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: 9mm AR SBR mag block question

I am going to pick up the block fro my 9mm AR that allows unmodified Uzi mags. It makes sense for me since I have a full size and a mini Uzis and plenty of mags.

(Northampton County)

I've never used UZI mags in a 9mm AR. But, on general principle, UZI mags are the best mags in the history of evar. And those slick little suckers are still extremely cheap compared to other mags - for the moment.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Hello,

I am working on a 9mm AR build and I'm trying to decide between the Hahn dedicated block and the Hahn bottom-loading block. I've read many threads regarding the various mag block choices and some of them seemed to suggest that the dedicated block will not work with a .223 upper. I'm not sure what was really meant by that statement.

Does anyone know if there are any problems using the Hahn dedicated mag block with a 9mm upper built on a .223 stripped upper (like a VLTOR MUR-1S)? Is anyone running this setup?

Thanks.
    I run a Hahn dedicated mag block but on a regular A3 upper and it works perfect. I'm not sure if it will work with the MUR-1 though. Best bet is go to AR15.com under AR discussions and look in the pistol caliber section.

I have had a few differant mag blocks and IMO the Hahn dedicated is the best I had so far.

Thanks. It sounds like it should work from the other reading I've done so far. Placed the orders today, so I guess we'll see for sure in a few weeks when I get the rest of the parts.
    I am not a lawyer.