Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default Beretta 92FS Model D

Hey all,
    I want to clean a Beretta 92FS Model D that it's previous owner did not clean or take care of very well.

Any suggestion for cleaning the whole gun and removing on the gunk?
    Last edited by BlueTrooper; October 9th, 2012 at 12:25 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Beretta 92FS Model D

Yes uncles are precious, treasure them while they are still alive, i lost my favorite unles4 years ago, are you sure its not a centurion model D you have , THe Centurions come with the shorter 4 1/4 inch barrels , i have one its in my carry rotation , sweet gun, its a stolen recovery from a gun shop, the cops returned to the gun shop 11 years later but no mags, i paid $300 for it.

Buy a can of Gun scrubber and spay it out , then let it sit 10 mins then spray it again.

And be sure to test fire after all that tearing down that you did, test for for function alway after a teardown, it could save someones life.

(Monroe County)

Yes uncles are precious, treasure them while they are still alive, i lost my favorite unles4 years ago, are you sure its not a centurion model D you have , THe Centurions come with the shorter 4 1/4 inch barrels , i have one its in my carry rotation , sweet gun, its a stolen recovery from a gun shop, the cops returned to the gun shop 11 years later but no mags, i paid $300 for it.

Buy a can of Gun scrubber and spay it out , then let it sit 10 mins then spray it again.

And be sure to test fire after all that tearing down that you did, test for for function alway after a teardown, it could save someones life.

You registered for this forum last month, and indicated that your age at that time was "16".

Your uncle bought a pistol for you, flew from Texas to Pennsylvania, and gave you a handgun.

Seems like there are some state and federal legal issues here.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(York County)

state and federal issues aside, a good liquid (mineral spirits) vibratory cleaner would de-gunk the entire thing without full dissasembly. trouble is, finding one that can handle liquids.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTrooper View Post
    Edited:
    First off, yes indeed I am 16. Second off, I have a habit of calling somethings mine.
    I.E. While it may not be in my name, if I work on it, use it most/all the time, it slowly gets called mine.
    (Example: You work for a company, those computers/things at your desk belong to the company, but you refer to them as yours.)

Like my 1992 Crown is Vic, I call it mine because I did the work for it and on it, but it's in my father's name. For the insurance reasons the car is in my dad's name. The car was payment for computer work I did awhile ago. $1000 dollars or so worth of work, payment of a car worth about $1000.

For the legal reasons, the gun is my dad's, I just happen to call it mine. I do the work on it, and shoot it the most. My uncle gave the firearm to my father. When I turn 18 my father will give it to me. Also, for the flight up if that posses any legal questions, it was transported in locked gun cases inspected by TSA, the slide was locked open with gun lock.. (The case however become unlocked during transport become the TSA felt the need to see and touch a real gun. It was then sealed with about ten feet of the TSA tape.)

GunLawyer, have I filed in the little gaps about the possible legal issues?
    Explanatory PM sent....
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Erie County)

may i say welcome to the shooting community...it appears you have a genuine interest in maintaining and understanding that which you (will soon posses). i have a 8040 f (they are the mini cougar berrettas) i use kerosene to soak and then clean
    live to ride

For a gun thats been neglected for years I'd drop in in a bucket of solvent let it soak for 30 minutes then wring it out. Break it down and scrub, dry it out and lube then re- assemble it and test fire. Berettas are durable andf reliable guns that should perform like new once cleaned. You might need to change the recoil springs out pending how many rounds have been fired through it.
    Last edited by Neko456; October 10th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.

(Monroe County)

OP just be mindful of how the Bruniton finish will react if left to soak, i say just spray it down with Gun scrubber.