Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz vs. Cz

(Delaware County)

Default Cz vs. Cz

So I'm looking for an all around gun. I'm usually good at purchasing on impulse but I just can't decide between the P01 or the P07. I really can't, I need help. Haven't been able to shoot either but I've fondled both and read a lot about both.

Ergonomics- P01
    Trigger- P07
    Sights- P07
    Reliability- P01
    Cost- P07
    Capacity- P07
    Accuracy-????

Anyone own both and have a preference?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Cz vs. Cz

why not the classic 75B love mine.I wanted one cause I could carry it locked and cocked liked my 1911.but any CZ you get will be good.crazywolf

(Montgomery County)

If I were you, I would get the P01. Its an all steel gun (I believe), it has less recoil, follow up shots are easier, harder to come by, higher resell value, plus a lot of people will be more envious of you.

(Allegheny County)

I've handled a P07 a few times. Never the P01. I'm not opposed to polymer guns. In fact they may be my preference. And man... the trigger on the P07 is nice. The grip frame is also nice. They can also be swapped over to cocked and locked if I understood correctly, and from what I've read the new trigger system in it is hands down superior to the older style as far as SA is concerned. Right out of the box. They are also inexpensive and fairly light. You can even get a threaded barrel version with adjustable suppressor height sights for about $480. Maybe cheaper online.

That is extremely hard to beat. By anyone. The only gun in that price range of a worthy company is the Sig 2022. And I'd take the CZ over it every time.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

I'd pick the P01. It fits my hand right. It's an alloy frame, so it's got a bit more heft than the P07, but it's not a brick like the steel framed CZs.

I'm not a fan of the synthetic CZs. They don't have the same shape as their metal cousins, and thus don't fit my hand right.

(York County)

I am a CZ guy. Best 9mm's on the planet. Period.

The question is, are you only ever getting one CZ? If so, I'd go with the P-01.

If you are leaving yourself open to the option of getting another one down the road, I'd look at the P-07, especially since it's available in 9mm and .40S&W. Also, the P-07 uses the newer "Omega" trigger system (fewer moving parts, also allows you to convert it from a de-cocker to a manual safety and back again).

In short, the P-01 is classic CZ, while the P-07 is what the majority of future CZ's (including the upcoming full-size P-09, likely available early next year) will probably look like in the near future. If you want something that will better retain its value, I'd probably go with the P-01.

(Indiana County)

If you can find a P02, get it. It's essentially a P01 with the Omega trigger system. Good luck though, even though it's listed in CZs catalog, they dont list it and few people own them.

I like the idea of a metal framed compact, DA/SA and .40 S&W. I was about to get a Sig 229 before I learned about CZ. Found that the majority of the people had nothing but great things to say about their pistols, and liked the fact that I could get a brand new P06 for about the same price as a used Sig 229, so I went with the P06.

Looking up prices online, you can get a P07 for ~$400, and P01 for ~$550 before ship/FFL.

$150 is a lot to spend if you're not absolutely sure you want the P01, espically since you'd likely be happy with either.

(York County)

I bought a used P-01 on a whim (it was a good deal) and it turned me into a CZ fanatic.

Never had a chance to fire a P-07 so I can't compare the two, but my biased opinion says get the P-01
    I want your vz.33

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by pittim View Post
    If you can find a P02, get it. It's essentially a P01 with the Omega trigger system. Good luck though, even though it's listed in CZs catalog, they dont list it and few people own them.
    I am under the impression that CZ-USA isn't importing them here yet-- the CZ-75 Omega (basically a 75B with the new trigger system) had some teething issues over in Europe, but they should be pretty much ironed-out now. The P-02 and other Omega CZ's will likely be hitting our shores in the next year or two.

In the meantime, here's a sneak peak at the full-size P-09 coming down the pipeline:

(Delaware County)

P02!?!? I had no idea! That sounds perfect for me, especially if they axe that terrible sight paint, I can't see that crap in any condition. But seriously an Omega in a P01 is exactly what i want. This makes me want the p07 for now and then p02 whenever that's released.

That p09 looks pretty cool too. That hammer looks like it'll solve the rear sight interference while thumb cocking without losing sight radius. And does that back strap swap out?

This thread has exponentially increased my uncertainty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast