Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Question about Cobra Enterprises Inc.

anyone have an experience with the above mentioned company ...

they are based out of Utah ... and a buddy of mine was wondering
    about them ... seems he can get a pretty good deal on a
    Patroit 9S

I personally have never heard of them till he mentioned them
    |Sig P320| Sig 556 Classic|Zastava M57|Glock 42|Custom 300 AAC Blackout|

(Chester County)

Default Re: Question about Cobra Enterprises Inc.

I can't say what I'd like to say about them on here, and have it be acceptable to church-goers.....

In short, avoid those guns like the plague.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    I can't say what I'd like to say about them on here, and have it be acceptable to church-goers.....

In short, avoid those guns like the plague.
    I'll try to keep it clean!

The are made mostly from pot metal and pig iron. I sold them for a VERY short time in my shop and never again. I ordered 3 of thier 9mm semi's and 2 out of 3 had to go back the same day they got here. One of them you COULD NOT get the mag out of and the other obviously had a busted trigger spring right from the factory.
    The derringers are even worse! drop it on the concrete ONCE and its in pieces. I had one come in that the safety spring was sticking out from under the safety and had to go right back. I gad one in 22lr that the guy dry fired and the fireing pin actualy peened the metal into the chamber so you could never load it again.

The things are SO bad that the distibutor I got them from even refuses to carry them anymore because of the return rate.

JMHO,
    Rich W.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warners Surplus View Post
    I gad one in 22lr that the guy dry fired and the fireing pin actualy peened the metal into the chamber so you could never load it again.
    </p>
    You need to disregard this reason. Never dry fire a 22lr derringer. I'm willing to bet someone never read or just disregarded the warning that came with the pistol.
    Toujours prêt

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    </p>
    You need to disregard this reason. Never dry fire a 22lr derringer. I'm willing to bet someone never read or just disregarded the warning that came with the pistol.
    I was always taught you were never supposed to dry fire a .22lr at any time... Of course, you can always iron the chamber to press the burr back in...

Chazbasichomesmithingman321
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Washington County)

Talking Re: Question about Cobra Enterprises Inc.

If I'm not mistaken, they used to be Davis Industries, a company that made ultra cheap "suicide special" type guns. I had a Davis .380, and the slide ripped apart simply by charging the weapon. The resulting rip in the metal revealed what looked like some cheap alloy. No experience with the company asthey are named now, but I won't go near them.

(Monroe County)

</p>
    I agree. I have seen many 22lr's messed up because of dry firing but with the Cobra the fireing pin literaly CUT the frame and chamber. If I would have reamed the bur out, most likely the first round fired would have ruptured the case out thru the groove cut in the barrel assembly.

Rich W.

(Jefferson County)

Cobra's are junk.. but, some do manage to be half decent firearms.

I have a .38spl "Bigbore" derringer. It appears to be made of some chrome plated zinc alloy(brittle). The rifling appear to be painted into the barrel than actually cut. My micrometer gave me less than .002" on the difference between the lands and grooves. Leaves hardly any trace of marks on a fired slug - I mean virtually no markings.

Sometimes the cam resets when you cock it after firing the top barrel to fire the bottom - sometimes it doesn't reset. ...requiring you to lower the hammer and recock again, doing so with a little more "authority" helps guarantee a cam reset.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Warners Surplus View Post
    ...I gad one in 22lr that the guy dry fired and the fireing pin actualy peened the metal into the chamber so you could never load it again.
    I think I might know how you discovered this...[8^) No problem, it's fixable anyway. Peened chambers can be restored if they aren't too badly distorted. For light strikes, often all that's needed is a little burnishing to restore the inner chamber profile. The ding in the shoulder usually doesn't hurt anything unless it's really deep from chronic dry firing. With 22 rifles, there are companies that make barrel liners and reamers for re-lining the barrel core. In the case of guns like the D-22, it isn't practical to re-line so the best bet is order a new bbl assembly.

Left you positive feedback. Sorry I didn't get around to it sooner, things are really hectic around here.

Quick question about the D-22: have you noticed a tendency for it to split brass in the upper chamber? It split one 22 LR case, but I'm not certain whether it was an ammo issue or oversize chamber. I didn't have any blow-by and it works okay, so it's a keeper. I fired each chamber once, and I haven't had time to fire it any more. I'm rather impressed with the accuracy, to be honest with you.

Take care, and thanks again.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Bucks County)

I saw a cobra .380 in a shiny red color at the ne philly armory gun show yesterday. I was wondering if that was a decent firearm. I really like it that it's cheap and has a nice finish to it and it isn't really a derringer type pistol. IT wouldn't be a carry pistol, just for show and target. is this one of those companies that moves around a lot to avoid lawsuits and warranty issues? I really want to get some half decent saturday night specials for fun, but i don't want to buy from a company that moves around and changes names to avoid angry customers.

can someone pm me and company that you know of that makes really nice finishes on pocket pistols like cobra does if the .380 is a true piece of shit?
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast