Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Question about Cobra Enterprises Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    can someone pm me and company that you know of that makes really nice finishes on pocket pistols like cobra does if the .380 is a true piece of shit?
    You just contradicted yourself....

I got nothing.

The Sig p232 is one of the only .380's I'd buy. The LCP would be a consideration, as well.

Smile Re: Question about Cobra Enterprises Inc.

I have owned two little Davis/Raven/whatever .25's (guessing they are now Cobra). I fired one and it was fun but watch out for crummy magazines and really cheap springs. Also never, ever count on the "safety" to stay on- they slip off real easy. I owned a Davis .22 mag Deringer (D-22 I think) and had to mail it back for repair. I never did test fire it prior to cashing it in at a gun buy-back for exactly what I paid for it (along with the second Raven .25). I think that that was the best gun transaction I ever conducted!

Bottom line- you usually get what you pay for.

Default Re: Question about Cobra Enterprises Inc.

I ran across this old thread and thought I'd drop my .02

I just picked up a Cobra CA380 and a Sig P238.

Obviously the Sig P238 is an excellent weapon as it has fired, straight out of the box, over 250 rounds of whatever I feed it with absolutely no problems.

Now to the Cobra. The CA380 was FTF/FTE so frequently (almost every shot) that I could not even break it in. I took it home and did some fine tuning. I rounded and smoothed some edges, polished some other surfaces and tried to rework the top of the magazine so that it would allow rounds to feed.

The results I got were minimal at best. I did make the trigger quite a bit lighter and fixed a most all of the FTE, but FTF stayed a problem. It seems as if most of it is in the magazine with the horrible spring, follower and top end all being culprits.

Working on the gun I realized a few things. The metal is so soft that I was easily able to round all edges with a crappy pocket knife. The metal seemed to "melt" away. PLEASE NEVER FIRE A +P ROUND OUT OF THIS GUN!!! When I polished the feed ramp (long story), I held the polishing wheel of my Dremel still too long and rubbed a divot in the ramp that I had to fix. This metal is freaking garbage. The feed ramp HAD to be reworked as there was a substantial lip in the middle where the frame ramp was pressed to the chamber ramp...what a HORRIBLE design this gun is.

Please avoid this gun as much as possible. It is a serious piece of crap. With all the lousy gun regulation that is thrown at us on every level of govt, you'd think there would be something against letting a company produce and sell junk like this. "Made in USA" surely does not mean what it used to. I think Jimenez Arms is about the same thing, so beware there also.

Just trying to help out my fellow gun owners and maybe save someone's hand in the most extreme scenario.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12