Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Suppressor Group Buy....................

This Suppressor Group Buy will consist of three different caliber cans. In order to meet the terms of the group buy, we need to purchase at least 15 suppressors for the prices quoted. These prices are pretty damn good. There is not a lot of money spent on these with marketing and fancy sales campaigns and ads. Most of these suppressors have been purchased by word of mouth.

I believe anyone can spend a ton of money to buy a can for a certain amount of sound attenuation or you can spend a limited amount of money and get good sound attenuation. Dave Wells, the gunsmith licensed to manufature these cans has a very compelling arguement why one should not spend a gran on a suppressor. I will not bore you with the details. Long story short, these suppressors with attenuate the sound from your rifle at least 30 db. He does not make claims that they will attenuate above that because they won't. Pretty simple.

I have some info on Dave and videos of some of his work in action. If you should have any questions, comments, or general curiosity about these suppressors, let me know. All of these suppressors offered in this GB have a Lifetime Warranty. No ifs, ands, or butts. If you put a bad round through them, he will fix it. Dave does not recommend using any corrosive ammo through any suppressor.

There is no quick disconnect available for the suppressors yet. Dave has been testing their QD for some time now and expects to have it ready for the market in the spring of '13. The QD will be available for the 223 can.

The first is for a .22 caliber rifle/handgun. The .22 cal suppressor is made from T-6 aluminum and 304 stainless with a monocore design. It is 1" in diameter and 6" long and finished with a Dupont Teflon coating. The suppressor disassembles for easy cleaning and needs no takedown tool. This suppressor is perfect for any rimfire application. We back it with a lifetime warranty The .22 suppressor is priced at $180.00/can. This does not include the cost for the tax stamp. The weight of this can is 6 oz. Please see attached video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ySf3le8E498

The second is a .30 caliber (7.62) all steel suppressor. This unit is priced at $350.00/can, not including the tax stamp. The suppressor is made from 4140 carbon steel. It has a M-baffle design, which most manufacturers are using today. The dimensions are 1 1/2 inches by 10 inch length. These suppressors are rated for full auto and magnum loads. If you do not use or want the magnum load specs, the size drops to 8 inches. The weight of this can is 26 oz. Please see video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qJTebdLA3DQ

The final suppressor is for a .223 caliber rifle. This suppressor is all 4140 steel too. I do not have a video for this suppressor at this time. I hope to have one shortly. This suppressor is priced at $350.00/can, not including the tax stamp. The dimensions of this suppressor are 1 1/2 inches by 7 inches length. These dimensions are also the same for the AK (7.62). Baffles are sized accordingly. For those of you with 5.45 caliber rifles, the .223 can is the one to consider. The weight of this can is 20 oz.

Attached is a link to Dave Wells Website.

If you have a rifle without a threaded barrel and want to have it threaded, Dave can accomodate you with this service as well. He prefers not to thread Ak barrel variants do to the different pinning methods and parts used to put these units together. They tend to be very difficult to thread.

http://www.wellscustomguns.com/

Any questions, just ask.
    Last edited by RenoV8; October 6th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Suppressor Group Buy....................

Dave Wells is local to SE PA. Transfers could be done through his ffl and that would save you some additional monies towards the transfer.

Any questions, let me know.

Is he charging any extra for the transfer? I might be interested in the .22 can.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Lehigh County)

count me in
    common sense is a mf

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
    Is he charging any extra for the transfer? I might be interested in the .22 can.
    I have a email into him with that thought in mind.

I will post here once I get a reply.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus6d9 View Post
    count me in
    Which caliber are you considering?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
    If you do the transfer thru Dave at his place of business, there is no additional cost for the transfer.

I'd say that is a pretty good deal.

(Chester County)

Hey Ren-o

Yes - Questions -

- I see from his website Dave is a one man band - Has he mentioned any kind of ETA for these to be made ( im assuming my form 4 is going to be waiting for him to make one so ive got a serial number to send off to ATF )

- The 223 and 308 cans are not capable of being taken down and cleaned ?

- what thread patterns ?

- Are the 223 and 308 cans safe to shoot with out hearing protection

I'm interested, just getting it out there

Jeff

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by workingmanjeff View Post
    Hey Ren-o

Yes - Questions -

- I see from his website Dave is a one man band - Has he mentioned any kind of ETA for these to be made ( im assuming my form 4 is going to be waiting for him to make one so ive got a serial number to send off to ATF )

- The 223 and 308 cans are not capable of being taken down and cleaned ?

- what thread patterns ?

- Are the 223 and 308 cans safe to shoot with out hearing protection

I'm interested, just getting it out there

Jeff

Jeff,

Depends on what caliber you are looking for. Dave has several .22 cans in stock. The .223 and .308 are made to order. In order for you to get going he needs to submit a form 1. I believe its a few weeks before he will get the ATF to sign off. Once the form 1 is approved our process begins for the form 4.

The .223 and .308 cans are not built to be opened and cleaned. Dave has several cans out there that have 20,000 plus rounds through them. The sound attenuation loss is negligent.

The thread pattern will be made to whatever pattern you need on your particular rifle.

And yes the cans are rated for a 30 Db drop. Sound attenuation will vary from one rifle to the next. Not sure what you are shooting, but you should be capable of shooting without hearing protection. If you shoot subsonic loads, the sound will be considerably less.

I am getting these cans as well. I plan on shooting them without hearing protection.

I hope that addresses your questions.

These suppressors are built to last. Dave offers a lifetime warranty.

If you should have an issue, Dave will take care of it.

(Venango County)

This would have to come up a month before I lose my job lol.

I would be interested in hearing how some of these work. Any chances on getting some different calibers? Maybe something in .45?
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast