Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: This guy was arrested for open carry in PA

Quote Originally Posted by red_oktober78765 View Post
    The real issue here is a DC charge. As far as I know, DC is a charge that has jail time with it. It's not a "ticket and release" type of issue like speeding. It all depends if he actually comitted DC. I am sure there was dash cam video of it. He did claim there was multiple officers on scene, some with K-9's. Either it was an over-reaction on the officers part or he really did do something that warranted the DC....
    I've never heard of anyone, anywhere, in the history of ever, getting jailtime for disorderly conduct.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    He came on the PA Open and Concealed Carry facebook group Jah setup and asked advice. Advice was given, and he flew off the rocker and said he didn't need lectures and people were disrespecting him. He has a few screws loose upstairs. Something tells me he wasn't 100% innocent in this whole thing and maybe the DC ticket was deserved...

-Chaz

What is this Facebook page you speak of?

(Lycoming County)

The real issue here is a DC charge. As far as I know, DC is a charge that has jail time with it. It's not a "ticket and release" type of issue like speeding. It all depends if he actually comitted DC. I am sure there was dash cam video of it. He did claim there was multiple officers on scene, some with K-9's. Either it was an over-reaction on the officers part or he really did do something that warranted the DC....
    Actually, it can be graded as both. A Summary grade offense can, and often is, a "ticket and release" citation issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    I've never heard of anyone, anywhere, in the history of ever, getting jailtime for disorderly conduct.
    Depends on what one considers "jail time". I am a Bail Bondsman and I have been contacted many times to post Bail for someone who was taken into custody for DC, the M3 DC, not the cite and release DC. So, there are many folks that spent a night, or a weekend, in jail for DC (M3). Sometimes, it is accompanied with other charges. Sometimes, not.

Be safe (and orderly).

Scott

§ 5503. Disorderly conduct

(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

(1) engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or tumultuous behavior;

(2) makes unreasonable noise;

(3) uses obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture; or

(4) creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor.

(b) Grading.--An offense under this section is a misdemeanor of the third degree if the intent of the actor is to cause substantial harm or serious inconvenience, or if he persists in disorderly conduct after reasonable warning or request to desist. Otherwise disorderly conduct is a summary offense.

(c) Definition.--As used in this section the word “public” means affecting or likely to affect persons in a place to which the public or a substantial group has access; among the places included are highways, transport facilities, schools, prisons, apartment houses, places of business or amusement, any neighborhood, or any premises which are open to the public.

(Westmoreland County)

By jail time, I meant spending even one second in temporary lockup.....arrested is arrested, jail is jail...Prison is differint than jail.

(Bucks County)

There has got to be quite a bit more to that story-
    That mutton chop looks and sounds like he has some significant emotional baggage.

Sounds like the cops are on target with this one....
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Monroe County)

By jail time, I meant spending even one second in temporary lockup.....arrested is arrested, jail is jail...Prison is differint than jail.
    IMHO and experience a holding cell isn't jail and detained is different then arrested. Of course that may have changed in the last couple decades.

(Delaware County)

Looking forward to seeing more details. The initial video is a bit shady, but if what he says is true...well, I'll just say I hope there's some proof about what he says.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    IMHO and experience a holding cell isn't jail and detained is different then arrested. Of course that may have changed in the last couple decades.
    Nope... nothing has changed....nothing ever changes. It's the same now as when they filmed 1-AdaAM-12

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    Nope... nothing has changed....nothing ever changes. It's the same now as when they filmed 1-AdaAM-12
    LOL, they just added Adam12 to Netflix and I have been watching a bunch of episodes.

(York County)

frankly, the thought of that dude walking around with a gun gives me cause for alarm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast