Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Carrying helping with a political campaign?

As the election season ramps up, I had a question, and figured I'd ask here.

Has anyone ever had an issue with carrying while helping with a political campaign? For example, going door-to-door in support of a candidate?

Anyone done it? Thoughts?
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Carrying helping with a political campaign?

If you want to try to persuade someone to vote for your candidate, IMO, you are better off concealing. I say this because while some "swing" voters might not like 2A, they might be on board with every other opinion your party represents. OCing could make you seem like a political extremist in the eyes of a "undecided".
    That's the difficulty with undecided voters, it might only take 1 issue out of hundreds for them to decided one way or another(like abortion for example). Some of my family members will vote 'R' all day long but they do not like me OCing at their house(but out of sight out of mind is ok).

Now granted I'm not saying that you should give up your rights to carry just because you are going to someone's door, but you basically gotta think like a salesman. If it could hurt your chances of making that sale, it's not really beneficial to your cause.

Again just my thoughts on it.

(Bucks County)

At a gun show cc......

Or while dropping off information to ranges

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    If you want to try to persuade someone to vote for your candidate, IMO, you are better off concealing. I say this because while some "swing" voters might not like 2A, they might be on board with every other opinion your party represents. OCing could make you seem like a political extremist in the eyes of a "undecided".
    That's the difficulty with undecided voters, it might only take 1 issue out of hundreds for them to decided one way or another(like abortion for example). Some of my family members will vote 'R' all day long but they do not like me OCing at their house(but out of sight out of mind is ok).

Now granted I'm not saying that you should give up your rights to carry just because you are going to someone's door, but you basically gotta think like a salesman. If it could hurt your chances of making that sale, it's not really beneficial to your cause.

Again just my thoughts on it.
    What he said. Open carrying would likely harm your candidate.