Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default First open carry... sort of

"Open carried" my AK from the street into the gun shop today. It's not the most "suspicious" thing in the world, taking a gun into a gun shop, so maybe it doesn't really count, but it was kinda cool, and no one bugged me, so, thought I'd share for the hell of it.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: First open carry... sort of

Hey thats cool man, props on your first time open carrying, I've OCed a bunch of times in your area and no problems but never a AK, so make sure you got a good recorder on you.

(Beaver County)

Cool! I have never OCed a rifle, so that is sweet, even if it was a short walk.

(Pike County)

Yeah, I don't really plan on making a habit of it, I was just taking it there to ask him some things about it - like getting the bayonet lug fixed so the bayonet will fit, which he did do! And the gun wasn't loaded either, so like I said, it's not really a full-on "open carry," but I did walk in public with an AK-47 strapped to my back, so I felt kinda cool, lol.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
    Yeah, I don't really plan on making a habit of it, I was just taking it there to ask him some things about it - like getting the bayonet lug fixed so the bayonet will fit, which he did do! And the gun wasn't loaded either, so like I said, it's not really a full-on "open carry," but I did walk in public with an AK-47 strapped to my back, so I felt kinda cool, lol.
    Now just load it, strap it on your back and walk down the sidewalk of your towns main street.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock_23 View Post
    Now just load it, strap it on your back and walk down the sidewalk of your towns main street.
    I was talked out of that by the other guys here, and by the fact that my ma would give me hell if I did.

(Lycoming County)

Hey man, good job. Since I can't legally carry a firearm(under age), I'm thinking of a long gun, not an AK but the good ol' American Colt AR-15. It will be a very interesting experience for me. Any good pointers anyone can give the OP and myself? Besides carrying a very good voice recorder.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTrooper View Post
    Hey man, good job. Since I can't legally carry a firearm(under age), I'm thinking of a long gun, not an AK but the good ol' American Colt AR-15. It will be a very interesting experience for me. Any good pointers anyone can give the OP and myself? Besides carrying a very good voice recorder.
    AR-15 is a different story. That's "our" gun. The AK is the "evil" gun. You will get less trouble with an AR, lol.

There's not really much to tell. Carry across your back, try to keep the muzzle pointed as down as possible, and don't touch it. As far as what to do if the cops show up, that's up to you. It's your decision to either waive all your rights and surrender to them or assert your rights and not give them anything. Just please don't ever become belligerent and make all OCers look like idiots. Even if the cops want to arrest you, just protest calmly, don't start shouting like a fool.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
    AR-15 is a different story. That's "our" gun. The AK is the "evil" gun. You will get less trouble with an AR, lol.

There's not really much to tell. Carry across your back, try to keep the muzzle pointed as down as possible, and don't touch it. As far as what to do if the cops show up, that's up to you. It's your decision to either waive all your rights and surrender to them or assert your rights and not give them anything. Just please don't ever become belligerent and make all OCers look like idiots. Even if the cops want to arrest you, just protest calmly, don't start shouting like a fool.
    Ha, I don't think the local police will give me to much trouble. I'm actually planning and going down to the station and talking to some of the officers about open carrying. I'd rather approach the police and actively talk to them, than having them approach me and needing to defend my rights or wave them. The area is very lightly patrolled, but they might start more heavily patrolling the area if they get reports of a person carrying an AR on their back.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock_23 View Post
    Why? Do you want him to have trouble?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast