Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Venango County)

Default Re: First open carry... sort of

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    Why? Do you want him to have trouble?
    I don't see what kind of trouble there would be?

It isn't what I normally carry, but there have been many times I have walked down the road with my AR. Loaded, with the safety on. And this wasn't just a short round the block trip either.

Sure, you might get hassled. But lets face it, we have had members with itty bitty, teeny tiny handguns who have been hassled.

Be safe, be cautious, be educated, and for the love of god carry a recorder. Follow the basics, and almost anyone should be fine. But that is just my opinion.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
    AR-15 is a different story. That's "our" gun. The AK is the "evil" gun. You will get less trouble with an AR, lol.
    I think the media considers them both to be "evil".
    I doubt that a citizen's anxiety levels over seeing an "assault rifle" being carried over someone's back on Main St will be effected by the national origin of that rifle.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I think the media considers them both to be "evil".
    I doubt that a citizen's anxiety levels over seeing an "assault rifle" being carried over someone's back on Main St will be effected by the national origin of that rifle.
    I am pretty sure the overall hysteria of the sheeple would definitely by worse by at the very least a factor of 2 seeing an AK-47 versus an M4. I mean, remember, you and I are gun guys - we look at an AK, we see a reliable, .30-caliber semi-automatic rifle. That's not how others see it. They see it as a symbol of terror and crime. The M4 may be an "assault rifle," but it is what our soldiers carry. Yes, people would be scared, but they'd definitely be a little MORE scared seeing the most feared, symbolically evil gun in the whole world versus our soldiers' gun.

(Lycoming County)

Our gun, their gun. (I apologize for the bad word in the text on the picture.)

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    Why? Do you want him to have trouble?
    I think what I suggested he do is OC of a Rifle, Not to go have trouble as you said it. As said before, people can have "trouble" with a sidearm.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
    I am pretty sure the overall hysteria of the sheeple would definitely by worse by at the very least a factor of 2 seeing an AK-47 versus an M4. I mean, remember, you and I are gun guys - we look at an AK, we see a reliable, .30-caliber semi-automatic rifle. That's not how others see it. They see it as a symbol of terror and crime. The M4 may be an "assault rifle," but it is what our soldiers carry. Yes, people would be scared, but they'd definitely be a little MORE scared seeing the most feared, symbolically evil gun in the whole world versus our soldiers' gun.
    We read about it all the time on here, people dont want carriers to carry just because their gun "looks scary" , but if it was nice and pretty it is ok... I bet the average person doesnt find the AK pretty. the probably think terrorist or something. I have also read on here a few times OC'ers have been asked to bring in the "pretty" gun next time or it would have to be covered up.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock_23 View Post
    I think what I suggested he do is OC of a Rifle, Not to go have trouble as you said it. As said before, people can have "trouble" with a sidearm.
    I wouldn't recommend ANYONE that hasn't OC'd a significant amount to OC an AK-47. As was mentioned, a handgun can bring enough unwanted attention, but an AK is an entirely different thing. Whether people like it or not, if you openly carry an AK down the sidewalk in the middle of town you are almost 100% guaranteed to have a significant LEO response.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTrooper View Post
    damn, i wish i had those kind of presents under the tree when i was a kid. 2 look to be .22s the older girl looks to have a real ar. all i ever got was toys i liked for a week and clothes, however now i like getting clothes as ive come to greatly dislike shopping for them.

on the original topic, i just really dont get the point of oc'ing any rifle other than while hunting, well i kinda understand the young guys wanting to. personally i think its just asking to be hassled, even though its completely legal and what someone else wants to do is none of my business nor do i really care as it doesnt affect me what so ever. alot of people dont even notice a handgun (that isnt polished up to mirror type finish) theres just no way people arent going to see a 3 foot long rifle hanging off your shoulder and for me its just asking to talk to a couple guys i do not want to have a conversation with.

in the end, honestly op. do whatever you want to, we know its legal and if your willing to take bad with the good, more power to you man. just be safe, have a legal rep on speed dial and practice your 5th with your 2nd while keeping the 4th upheld, good luck brother.
    I have had surprisingly few homeless people hire me. - GunLawyer001

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTrooper View Post
    I'd rather have the AK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12