Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Kim Needs YOUR Help right NOW!

Oct 4th 2012
    Kim Needs YOUR Help right NOW!

Kim Stolfer is the Legislative Chairman for the Allegheny County Sportsmen’s League (ACSL), Chairman of Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC), Vice chairman of PA Sportsmen’s Association (PSA), Vice President Shooters Active in Firearms Education (S.A.F.E.) along with being a USMC combat veteran and Crew Chief of the last Marine helicopter to leave the American embassy in Saigon at the end of Vietnam war.

As many of you know Kim Stolfer has been very active in the defense of PA hunters and gun owner’s rights in the political arena for over 25 years.

Kim made a lifelong commitment when he took his oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign AND domestic. He dedicated untold thousands of hours to fight against infringements to our Constitutional rights as an unpaid volunteer, especially when anti-gun politicians attacked your rights.

Kim now needs your help.

Kim is very ill right now.

Kim’s health is suffering as his liver is failing; the medical treatments expenses are exceeding the insurance coverage.

Times are tough for some, send what you can to

Liver for Kim Fund
    P.O. Box 326
    Clinton, PA 15026

Make checks / money orders payable to “Liver for Kim Fund”.

Here is electronic place to make on-line donations
    http://www.gofundme.com/1a1ay0

IF you appreciate Kim’s sacrifice and dedication to the cause of Freedom, any contribution will help defray the cost of Kim’s care.

In addition to whatever else you do PLEASE include Kim in your prayers as this is where his fate now rests in God’s hands to recover.

THANKS in advance for your generous support to Kim’s greatest battle, the fight for his life.

Out of respect for Kim's condition, Any inquires about Kim’s health should be sent here:
    pf1321@zoominternet.net
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Kim Needs YOUR Help right NOW!

PLEASE Forward this to people contacts on your list, send what you can and Especially if you can do nothing else to help. Keep Kim and his family in your prayers.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Kim Stolfer PAFOA screen name is Activist do a search to read some of Kim’s post.

Was trying to summaries without writing a long essay how one individual person constantly battle to help gun owner and the really the citizen of this country keep and retain their rights from government constantly attempting to take them away.

I been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to spend much time with Kim interacting on Political front lines with him over the last 20 years, (never did ever have any range time together having fun) and he ALWAYS amazed me that he found time to help people out that he didn't know and try to educate them on how they could be effective on many different front lines besides just firearm issues for anyone that was open minded to listen and learn some wisdom of what works and what don’t. NEVER a fee or condition for Kim's help wisdom freely shared

IF Kim would have spent all that time trying to turn a coin instead of helping people out would probably be rich right now and need of nothing from US.

If you every watched the old movie called “it’s a wonderful life” with Jimmy Steward, Kim’s life plays out much like that movie roll of another PA native plays.

Rather read about essay about Kim activist and sacrifices efforts over the year which we all benefited from Kim’s political activism.

Why don’t you post your positive & constructive influences and experiences with Kim had on you over the years instead, as this was Kim's Prime Directive,

Like Kim or not, there is no denying that one dedicated individual activist can and does have a great impact on the political landscape of PA and beyond.

A best lesson we all should learn from Kim’s life long example of how to be a leader other people will follow.

On behalf of Kim and his family I also WISH to thank all of you for your generous donations and support.

You demonstrate that Kim hasn’t wasted his time trying to defend our Republican form of government.

IF you can do nothing else due to a tough economy, most of all PLEASE pray for Kim’s recovery and healing of his body as this is where his hope lies now, on rather than the amount of paper money with different ink patterns printed on them.

Be aware IF Kim and when he falls there is going to be a big freaking hole RTKBA front in PA.

who among you is willing to take this thankless task of being a “unpaid” Activist on as Kim has done?

Think about it…………the consequences for the future

This post doesn’t accurately express all Kim sacrifices and real value to ALL of US for services rendered over the many years
    sorry Buddy you deserve better than I can write to fully express

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Saved this spot

for the rest of my personal coments about Kim's years of efforts to fight for our rights
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; October 5th, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

I've known Kim since about a few months after PAFOA started, early on he was at a town hall meeting when someone identified themselves as being associated with "PAFOA" and unfortunately made a remark that wasn't very good for gun rights and a few of the guys like Kim who were working very hard on gun rights issues were concerned that PAFOA might have been an astro-turf setup like AHSA. From this terrible misunderstanding however came something great. Kim and his colleagues reached out to me, I confirmed that whoever was at the meeting had no official relation to the organization and that we were not actually working for the Brady Campaign.

Once that was cleared up, I gained some of the best friends I could ask for on a personal level and within the context of this issue. As PAFOA continued to grow and grow at an astounding pace Kim was very quick to realize the potential of the communication medium we've all built here and worked very closely to help us through some of the muck. He took days out of his life and hours on the phone to educate me on the history of gun rights in PA, the dynamics of firearm politics in our legislature, and did his best to involve me to the best of my ability in figuring out what I could do to help.

Anyone who knows Kim knows how dedicated he was to liberty and how hard he worked for gun rights in PA. It is my personal belief that Kim's efforts account for many of the liberties that each of us enjoy (and sometimes even take for granted) as gun owners.

Kim has given up large chunks of his life doing a job that is often thankless. I'm a workaholic that works about 60-80 hours/week and I can't hold a candle to how hard he worked, it's completely unreal.

I will be donating to his fund and I urge anyone who has the means and the will to do so as well.
    Last edited by danp; October 4th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

If you donate with a credit card, you need to enter the expiry date as MM/YYYY, eg 11/2013. If you put 11/13 it will say your card is expired.

(Westmoreland County)

If you donate via a debit or credit card through the on-line web site, do you know if that site takes a fee or not? I can understand a small fee for covering web site cost, but if they take some larger fee, I'd just as soon send a check and then no fee will be taken.

Can you tell me the answer to this?

Thanks

Dave

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    If you donate via a debit or credit card through the on-line web site, do you know if that site takes a fee or not? I can understand a small fee for covering web site cost, but if they take some larger fee, I'd just as soon send a check and then no fee will be taken.

Thanks

Dave
    Dave:
    I'm the MC at the semi annual gunbash, along with RisenPhoenix. I plan to have large jar at the beer wagon, and at the podium, and at the check in point for donations. If you wish to mail a check (I don't blame you), The address is:
    First Niagra bank, Please send your contributions to Liver for Kim Fund, P.O. Box 326, Clinton, PA 15026

Friends of Kim have also set up an account on www.gofundme.com if people would like to make a donation on line. Here is the direct link: http://www.gofundme.com/1a1ay0

You MAY donate without having your name splashed on the gofundme site. I'm dropping cash into the barrel at the Gun Bash.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post

Thanks

Dave
    The "go fund me" account does take a small % of any donation for providing the electronic transfer service.

A check / money order 100% goes to Kim care

(Philadelphia County)

http://support.gofundme.com/knowledg...s-us-accounts-

A WePay account is automatically created for you inside of GoFundMe during the sign up process. WePay charges a single fee of 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.

All payments you receive will immediately appear inside of your WePay account. Simply click the large green 'withdrawal' button inside of your GoFundMe account to request a check or bank transfer.

GoFundMe will also automatically deduct a 5% fee from each donation you receive. If you don't receive any donations, then you won't pay anything at all. Since our fee is deducted from each donation in real-time, you'll never need to worry about getting billed or owing us any money.

Your donors are NEVER charged fees. Remember, GoFundMe is the BEST fundraising solution available and all those extra donations you collect should more than make up for the fee.
    So all told, $7.9% + $0.30 from each donation. But the organization has to pay bank / credit card fees, so they aren't taking home all of that amount. Still, for a large donation, it would make sense to mail a check.

(Allegheny County)

I'm not entirely sure where to begin here. I wish I could say this directly to Kim as I usually do instead of posting it here (no offense Dan!), but I know he's bombarded and has enough to worry about - so here goes.

Kim isn't just a 2nd amendment advocate. There is plenty of amazing stuff to say about that and I'm sure many others will say it, so I will let them. Those who know me know that I find the topic important, but not nearly as important as the one I will write about in my mind.

Kim is a father, a grandfather, a husband, a friend one would only be honored to have, and a mentor.

I always had a little politics in me, but I didn't really become active until my husband got me onto pafoa.org. I obtained my LTCF, got my first pistol, and came across a post by Whitefeather about a meeting regarding metal detectors in West Mifflin. I grabbed my gun, grabbed my notebook, and went.

I spoke at the meeting, along with many others. I met Janet and Jack, Mike, Dan, and... Kim.

Later, I got into the castle doctrine fight in Harrisburg. I met with a few other FOAC members at the capital and was honored when Kim took me under his wing as he did with so many and marched me one by one through all the different representative and senator offices, teaching me how to be a citizen activist. I met some very important people who I now call friends, and who I have worked closely with over the years and never would have had it not been for Kim.

Over the years and many meetings and phone calls, I have learned much from Kim and not just about the 2nd amendment or guns. I have learned that he is a fantastic friend who cares about others BEFORE he cares about himself.

This one time, he needs to care about him, and the rest of us need to give back a little of what he has given us.

Donate. Pray. Good thoughts. Spread the word. ANYTHING you can do to help what so many of us call friend... please. Please. Please.

--Krystal

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast