Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default SR1911 - back from Ruger

I scored a SR1911 from my shop mainly because the fellow that ordered it wasn't happy with the trade-in deal, so lucky me. I love the trigger, crisp as heck but never got to shoot it yet.

I played around with it in the shop for a little dry firing and such but never took notice of the mag operation. When I got it home I found the mag hard to remove from the pistol, it wasn't free falling at all. Under further review I found the lower left grip bushing to be installed past the frame rubbing on the mag forcing it tighter then expected.

Called Ruger and the customer service was pretty good, explained the situation and the lady emailed me a ups return label. I sent it off a few days later and got it back within a total of 7 calendar days.
    They replaced the grip bushing and the mag latch (not sure why on the mag latch maybe they saw it wasn't good enough) fired 15 rounds from my two mags and said it was good to go. Now it works like a charm.

I know this thread is useless without pics but I am to lazy atm. Time to get her out and give it a good break in.
    Cheers

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: SR1911 - back from Ruger

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
    I scored a SR1911 from my shop mainly because the fellow that ordered it wasn't happy with the trade-in deal, so lucky me. I love the trigger, crisp as heck but never got to shoot it yet.

I played around with it in the shop for a little dry firing and such but never took notice of the mag operation. When I got it home I found the mag hard to remove from the pistol, it wasn't free falling at all. Under further review I found the lower left grip bushing to be installed past the frame rubbing on the mag forcing it tighter then expected.

Called Ruger and the customer service was pretty good, explained the situation and the lady emailed me a ups return label. I sent it off a few days later and got it back within a total of 7 calendar days.
    They replaced the grip bushing and the mag latch (not sure why on the mag latch maybe they saw it wasn't good enough) fired 15 rounds from my two mags and said it was good to go. Now it works like a charm.

I know this thread is useless without pics but I am to lazy atm. Time to get her out and give it a good break in.
    Cheers
    Congrats. I have a SR1911 and I love it.

(Monroe County)

Mine should be arriving by end of week. I am very much looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
    . (not sure why on the mag latch maybe they saw it wasn't good enough)
    Ruger stepped up to the pump on this one. They replaced it because of the probable unnecessary wear put on those parts due to to bushing binding the mag. It is merely preventative breakdown so you don't have to send it in again. There probably was nothing wrong with it, but they felt better safe than sorry (for you doing a resend). Cudoes to Ruger.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Washington County)

The Ruger SR 1911 is on my list! You just can't beat the price for the amount of features you get on that gun, not to mention it's all stainless. And that sounds like top-notch customer service. Congrats!!

That was almost like what happen to me when I got mines. They called the guy next in line he didn't answer and bingo I was next in line because I was there with the money. My gun release both mags without a problem, I am pleased with my Ruger SR1911 and it is an excellent SS gun.

Simple but with nearly every feature a 1911 lover might want, except for a beveled magazine port. I am glad you like your Ruger 1911, Rugers CS dept stood up, can't beat that.

Ruger stands behind their guns well. They have sold over 1 million guns by the middle of September this year. Tells ya something.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    Ruger stands behind their guns well. They have sold over 1 million guns by the middle of September this year. Tells ya something.
    That doesn't mean much...only means they will have a recall or two and get back 35% of them. They do stand behind the product.