Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Reloading a Revolver Using Quick Strips Video

This is just a quick look at how I've been taught to reload from quick strips, and how I've taken my knowledge and meshed it with others and come up with how I reload now. Hopefully it's helpful.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Reloading a Revolver Using Quick Strips Video

Nice video with a good explanation. My question is: why not just carry speed loaders? Then you get a full reload very quickly? I'm not a revolver shooter so maybe I'm missing something here? Please help out a plastic gun shooter lol

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    Nice video with a good explanation. My question is: why not just carry speed loaders? Then you get a full reload very quickly? I'm not a revolver shooter so maybe I'm missing something here? Please help out a plastic gun shooter lol
    Because speed loaders can be bulky for some people to carry in their pocket. While a speed strip the ammo lays flat. You am easily carry 2 speed strips in one pocket along with other stuff expecialy in jeans while 2 speed loaders in one pocket for some guns just isn't going to work.

Also speed strips are not effected by dirt if you drop them or if you do happen to be in a rapid reload situation you can drop them and loose 3 bucks to replace them or drop your speed loader and lose 25+ dollars.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Chester County)

If you find yourself in a rapid reload situation the cost of a speed loader is going to be a moot point. My guess is most people would throw away thousands of dollars to avoid a rapid reload situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

Hoplophobia is funny

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    I wondered the same thing and found this comparison video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D14UHmf0yN0

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Because speed loaders can be bulky for some people to carry in their pocket. While a speed strip the ammo lays flat. You am easily carry 2 speed strips in one pocket along with other stuff expecialy in jeans while 2 speed loaders in one pocket for some guns just isn't going to work.

Also speed strips are not effected by dirt if you drop them or if you do happen to be in a rapid reload situation you can drop them and loose 3 bucks to replace them or drop your speed loader and lose 25+ dollars.
    And also some revolver grips don't leave enough space to use a speed loader.

(Luzerne County)

Nice vid, Rep inbound! I didn't even know Quick Strips or products like it existed. I alternate between a Taurus 85UL and a Glock 19 for CC. I may carry the Taurus more often after I pick up a few and practice. I have a couple speed loaders but I'm not too fond of the big bulge in my pocket. << Bring on the corny jokes.

(Northampton County)

Nice video, good information.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    If you find yourself in a rapid reload situation the cost of a speed loader is going to be a moot point. My guess is most people would throw away thousands of dollars to avoid a rapid reload situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

Seen this guy a lot before. He has one edge to using a speed loader that most don't think of. He is left handed. He does not have to change hands to hold and open the revolver. He covered in a marksman show that being south paw gave him the edge he needed to set the record.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Montgomery County)

His name is Jerry Miculek and he is not a left hander. The revolver he is using is a Smith and Wesson 625 in .45 ACP and he is using full moon clips, not speed loaders. A full moon clip is a metal ring of sorts that holds the cartridges and goes into the revolver as an entire unit and comes out as one. Jerry is a world class shooter and has honed this ability through most likely tens of thousands of hours, something few to none of us has or will do.

Speed strips have their place, I use them as a additional ammo to the speedloader(s) that I carry. For example, revolver in OWB strong side holster, speed loader in front right pocket (I am right handed) and two speed strips in right rear pocket. That gives me three total reloads, useful indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Seen this guy a lot before. He has one edge to using a speed loader that most don't think of. He is left handed. He does not have to change hands to hold and open the revolver. He covered in a marksman show that being south paw gave him the edge he needed to set the record.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast