Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Gun ownership question

A friend of mine went to purchase a gun years ago at a local sporting goods store that's no longer in business. At the sporting goods store, my friend was asked to sign the forms, and the store owner said he would fill in the rest, and have it ready for when he came back with money for the gun. Well, my friend never got the money together, and he believes that the store owner was crooked enough to register guns in my friend's name. My friend recently checked with the state of Pa. to see if he had any guns registered in his name, and they said no, however, he is still worried that there may be guns out there registered to him, and he doesn't want to be implicated in anything. This happened many years ago, and I told him that I doubt they're are any guns in his name, but he wanted me to ask on here for any advice.

Thanks

Cool Re: Gun ownership question

The seller seemed to have done an illegal transaction since the buyer was supposed to have filled in most of the info in the 4473..but the forms have changed often so who TH knows.
    I say it IS possible some hanky panky went on, but the seller had to have recorded the sale in his "bound Book".
    You should be able to check his bound books..he has to keep it, or send it to BATF.

My 2 cents...it wouldn't hurt to check those books.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Gun ownership question

I'm curious where your friend "checked to see what guns were registered to him"

Being that firearm registration is not only not required... It's also illegal

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Gun ownership question

The state police told you they do not have any firearms registered in your friends name because they don't (hopefully). It is illegal to keep a list of registered gun owners, the state police would be committing a crime if they did.

If the state capital were here in philly then i would have no doubt that they would commit that crime and use the list illegally. But the state police are not in the liberal philly and thus are more then likely obeying the law.

If I were your friend then I wouldn't worry too much about it. If he were crooked then he would just make up info about fictitious people to sell guns to criminals, or use his customers info he wouldn't need your friends info.