Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Looking for an angel for help

I never thought I would be in this position. But I really need help. And I will when I can in the future help someone. I need help to obtain my CDL class A. I have been out of work since April and looking for work since. I have a CDL B but there is not alot of work out there for B but alot of A jobs. If someone can help with time and a truck that would be awesome. Because the class is $750.00 a week. Which I can not afford to pay. I really need to get my A so I can get back to work. So please if you can help me I will return the favor to either you or others. Thank you and God Bless

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Looking for an angel for help

I will do some asking tomorrow and I'll get back to you as soon as I find out.
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

(Lycoming County)

Old Dominion Freight Lines has a school down in Carlise.
    Give a call to them to see what it takes to get into their program.
    An ODFL driver was just at my receiving Friday with a student driver.
    I believe the course is one week long.

Also, check with any local community colleges because some are helping with those areas due to gas company grants.

There is a lady in Jersey Shore, Pa. that teaches Class A with her own truck.
    I hear it is very reasonable.

There is a truck driving school in Watsontown, Pa. (near Lewisburg).
    Call and see if they are aware of any types of grants or loans for the program.

Those are some ideas.
    I hope one of them helps.

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

(Delaware County)

http://www.retailgigs.com/

You may want to check out a few places online to sign up like the one above. I am working, albeit a seasonal job, but I keep an eye out for something better all the time. I get an email notice every day from retailgigs and there's anywhere from 6 to 12 jobs listed each time, I specified I am a B CDL holder and the jobs they send are, for the most part, only B jobs.

(Schuylkill County)

If you got a job to go to after you get your class A, Do what the others have said. If you don't have a job, Go online Werner, Knight, England and Swift all have driving schools. They will train you, get you your CDL and hire you. The deal with those companies is you have to work for them for a year and your school will be free. They are not great companies and you wont get rich. (imo swift is the worst.) You will get a class A, and experience so you can get alot better job. and you won't owe any money for a driving school. The work will probable over the road and be home a few days every other week. I went through Schneider to get mine and worked for them for 5 yrs. Same deal as the others: The school is free if you work for them for a year. Now with experience I made $75000 last year. Schneider National closed their schools but the rest are still open and hiring New drivers. You fill out the applications online and there is a phone number to talk to a recruiter. Don't believe everything the recruiter tells you, Good luck.

(Monroe County)