Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Anybody going to the Rt. 6 range?

So I got my AK, and to be honest, I don't really have money for a range permit and an AK sight tool. So what I'm wondering is, is anybody here going to the Rt. 6 range who has an AK sight tool I could borrow and who'd be willing to get me in as a guest so I can sight my rifle and shoot it a bit? Thanks!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Anybody going to the Rt. 6 range?

You dont really need a AK sight tool, improvise, i know its a long lost concept, all you need is a hammer and some kind of steel rod to use as a punch and a need nose pliers to turn up or down the front post, check with your dad if he has one in his tool box.

The Russians went through world war 2 without a sight tool.

(Pike County)

I have one laying around somewhere. If I can find it, you can have it. I'll take a look over the weekend and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
    So I got my AK, and to be honest, I don't really have money for a range permit and an AK sight tool. So what I'm wondering is, is anybody here going to the Rt. 6 range who has an AK sight tool I could borrow and who'd be willing to get me in as a guest so I can sight my rifle and shoot it a bit? Thanks!

(Lackawanna County)

when would you want to go? I avoid it like the plague on the weekends but usually end up off thursdays and fridays. I havent been up there in quite a while and could break out the 22s

(Pike County)

Don't really care when; whenever. I'm sure it's not the greatest range, but if I can't afford a 30 dollar permit right now, I sure can't afford a membership in some decent range, or the gas to get there. Plus I figure, asking someone to take me to a fancy private range would be a little much, but just asking to piggyback in to the public range with someone who's going anyway isn't.

(Lackawanna County)

let me know which day and we can meet up. Id prefer early. ive got a couple fun toys i can bring along if you wanted to try them out as well.

(Pike County)

I'll probably go next weekend. It's been a couple of months since I've been there last. I'll bring my sight tool with me.

(Pike County)

I got a permit but no sight tool... aaaand that range is WAY too long to sight anything in (I think), lol. Certainly not 25 yards. But, perhaps I'll go next Saturday - whoever's there, maybe you can help me to practice not flinching with this big .30 caliber thing, lol (I am only now beginning to understand why many recommend a .22 to start with; still, I'm not sorry I got the AK).

(Pike County)

Sight at 25 yards or meters then work from there.

An AK if you've never shot one before does have a little recoil. Regarding the flinch, don't expect the shot; let it surprise you when you squeeze the trigger. Get a snap cap or dummy round and dry fire at home a few 100 times until you develop the muscle memory to squeeze the trigger smoothly without flinching, limp wristing, loose palming, etc. Anyway, as long as you're minute of man from 50-200 yards with AK, you're golden. AKs due to lose tolerances will never be that accurate to begin with.

I'll try and go next Saturday, but if I do, it's going to be early... probably between 0800-0900. Most folks don't like shooting that early, but I find that's the best time to go because you've got the range to yourself.

(Pike County)

When I dry fire it now I can usually do it without moving the gun a lot but I can't stop my eye from blinking right at the let-off point. -.- No matter how hard I try to force my eye to stay open - even if I hold both eyes open!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast