Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Road Rage Leads to Self Inflicted GSW

From WTAE.com

Police Chief Kenneth Pate said one vehicle was tailgating the other as the two men drove east on Greensburg Road toward Murrysville on Wednesday night.

Pate told WTAE's Ashlie Hardway that the first driver pulled onto Old Greensburg Road and stopped his vehicle, and the driver who was behind him did the same.

As the second man approached, the first man pulled out his pistol and accidentally fired a shot that hit his own leg, police said.

The second man said, "That's what you get," and left in the white utility van that he had been driving, police said.

The shooter has a permit to carry a gun and is not facing any charges, Pate said.

Police want to find the second driver to get his side of the story.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Road Rage Leads to Self Inflicted GSW

sorry.. but i got a chuckle from idiot number two's comment.

(Mercer County)

Not facing any charges? Sounds like this guy needs to have his LTCF removed. While breaking the law (following at an unsafe distance) he caused an altercation. Then proceeded to the next level by 1) following the guy, 2) stopping when the other guy did and 3) got out of his car while pulling his weapon.

I can't stand tailgaters. I have a family and when you follow me at a close distance you are not only putting yourself at risk but my family's life at risk also. I'm sure the other guy was no angel in the situation, but I agree that he got what he deserved.

(Mercer County)

Wait, who pulled the gun? The tailgater or the lead car? I guess I'm confused. Lol... Not hard to do today.

the way I read it, the first driver shot. The second driver made the stupid comment.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPACC View Post
    Not facing any charges? Sounds like this guy needs to have his LTCF removed. While breaking the law (following at an unsafe distance) he caused an altercation. Then proceeded to the next level by 1) following the guy, 2) stopping when the other guy did and 3) got out of his car while pulling his weapon.

I can't stand tailgaters. I have a family and when you follow me at a close distance you are not only putting yourself at risk but my family's life at risk also. I'm sure the other guy was no angel in the situation, but I agree that he got what he deserved.
    He was the lead car. And the tailgater approched his car. He did the right thing by pulling over and letting the other guy pass. (At least he tried to do the right thing) but as far as shooting himself I would have to say he needs to practice his safe gun handling skills

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPACC View Post

Read it again. You have the individuals switched up. By my reading the individual that received the GSW was the lead vehicle and stopped his vehicle.

Be safe (and keep driving).

Scott

(Delaware County)

Sounds to me like the front car was the ltcf holder. He did the right thing by pulling over and the wrong thing by having his finger on the trigger. I think he will learn a lot more from having his own bullet in his leg then he would from government punishment. Hey, they make LEOs pepper spray themselves, right?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJefferson View Post
    Sounds to me like the front car was the ltcf holder. He did the right thing by pulling over and the wrong thing by having his finger on the trigger. I think he will learn a lot more from having his own bullet in his leg then he would from government punishment. Hey, they make LEOs pepper spray themselves, right?
    Are you suggesting that gun owners, and LTCF holders should shoot themselves so that they know what it feels like? Cause that sounds like a bad idea.

(They really need to make a sarcasm font.)

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJefferson View Post
    He did the right thing by pulling over
    This is never a good Idea, One should continue to drive to the nearest Police station or barracks, continue to drive as you dial 911, at the very least if you must pull over do it in a very populated or well lit area.

In the event that your life is in danger, witnesses and cameras could prevent you from serving a long prison sentence.

IMO twelve jurors could very easily surmise that you could have continued driving and see you as the aggressor by stopping and escalating the event.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast