Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Printing

(Fayette County)

Default Re: Printing

Quote Originally Posted by SAB215 View Post
    Seriously? You don't get what PERSONAL taste is?

per·son·al [pur-suh-nl]
    adjective
    1. of, pertaining to, or coming as from a particular person; individual; private: a personal opinion.

It means, I PERSONALLY do not wish to advertise in any way, that I'm carrying a firearm. I have better shit to do that get hassled by someone who thinks their POV matters to me and that I should be forced to listen to it.

You can find any number of threads on this forum where PAFOA members were out minding their own business when some degenerate, mouth-breather decided that they had to announce to the person that their firearm was showing.

I am fully aware that it is legal for me to carry a firearm and display it in any way that I want to. Whether that be IWB, OWB, shoulder carry or taped to my forehead.

I PERSONALLY do not want any unwelcome interactions with A) Annoying people. B) Police, since I live in Philadelphia, and we all know their attitude towards anyone other than themselves carrying a gun. C) People who are quick to judge. While it's normal to us since this is a firearm related forum, guns, to a large portion of our population are a taboo. Ever tried making a first impression to someone and it came off the wrong way? Imagine that with like 99% of the people you'd meet in a day.

That's why I don't want to print when I carry my gun.

Get it now?
    No, I dont

If you aren't worried about what the regular citizen thinks about you then why are you trying to make "GOOD" first impressions with random people? That means you believe if you were carrying and you met a new person they would automatically make a negative opinion about you?

This is quickly turning from a why worry about printing to why OC at all by the CC lovers...
    Last edited by Glock_23; September 26th, 2012 at 12:35 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock_23 View Post
    #1 should have been: I am uncomfortable knowing that anyone else may know I have a gun...

I have never heard of anywhere that doesn't allow visible firearms that allow firearms at all, they either allow them concealed/ open or they don't...

Also, most elderly moms dont set standards to their children!
    I show respect to my mom. What you do to yours is your own affair.

I also have been to several places where I am permitted to carry a gun, but as soon as it's seen and reported by another patron I have to put it in the car. I can't help that you've never experienced this.

But what is the reasoning behind not wanting to print? This is what I am not understanding
    Its a matter of PERSONAL PREFERENCE!
    Is that something you didn't understand in the last thread you pissed in about this very subject?

PERSONAL PREFERENCE!

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post

I also have been to several places where I am permitted to carry a gun, but as soon as it's seen and reported by another patron I have to put it in the car. I can't help that you've never experienced this.
    Like where?

If that is the case then firearms simply aren't permitted there... and you probably also shouldn't patron there.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Its a matter of PERSONAL PREFERENCE!
    Is that something you didn't understand in the last thread you pissed in about this very subject?

PERSONAL PREFERENCE!
    You can CAPS and enlarge your print all you want, I am asking for reasons... It just sounds like people are too paranoid to carry if they NEVER EVER want to print... especially in scenarios I have seen above, like a dark concert with a crowd... like anyone is looking for a gun on your hip.

(Bucks County)

Amen. I generally only carry on the range (which ironically requires concealed carry) but also going to and from there. I still run my errands on the way, which generally involve the produce market and the grocery store. I have zero interest in getting involved in some kerfuffle regarding my sidearm. So I wear a Hawaiian shirt that covers the gun and holster.

I'm a (really, like gym-rat marathon runner) skinny guy, so it's obvious that there is SOMETHING there. But who looks and I also make sure that any collisions on my strong-side just, well, don't happen.

I suppose any cop will "make" me, but that's not supposed to be an issue. Maybe it's my cell-phone. Maybe I'm a ham radio guy, and it's my portable. Well, I am a ham. If some sort of private security dude or wannabe asks me to lift my shirt-tail, I'll tell him to go to hell.

The hardest thing is that I've been in the habit of carrying my wallet and so forth in the front pocket of my strong-side. I'm working on moving them to the left. It feels odd. Probably no more odd when my chiropractor said "stop carrying your wallet in your back pocket!"

(Montgomery County)

Like where?

If that is the case then firearms simply aren't permitted there... and you probably also shouldn't patron there.
    I shouldn't patronize these places? Where do you get off declaring I'm not allowed and shouldn't patronize them? I very clearly stated I was allowed to conceal. I buy beer, chew and pizza/Italian food where I choose, and if the owners of those properties want me to conceal I respect their wishes.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post

The hardest thing is that I've been in the habit of carrying my wallet and so forth in the front pocket of my strong-side. I'm working on moving them to the left. It feels odd. Probably no more odd when my chiropractor said "stop carrying your wallet in your back pocket!"

That is usually when your wallet is the size of a baseball and it interferes with your sciatica

(Philadelphia County)

No, I dont

If you aren't worried about what the regular citizen thinks about you then why are you trying to make "GOOD" first impressions with random people? That means you believe if you were carrying and you met a new person they would automatically make a negative opinion about you?

This is quickly turning from a why worry about printing to why OC at all by the CC lovers...
    There's no point in even continuing this thread because you don't understand what a personal preference is.

It's like, if you like Mayonnaise and I don't. You prefer chocolate and I like vanilla. You think Blue looks better and I think Red looks better.

Are you one of those people who only has one track of thinking and if anyone is different, they're wrong?

Also, the first impression bit of my post wasn't meant to be taken at face value. I don't care what random people think. I DO however care when I meet friends of friends, friends of family, work/school acquaintances. People that I will see and have to interact with again.

Believe it or not, there is this thing called discrimination, and everyone does it or has been a victim of it at some point in their lives.

dis·crim·i·na·tion [dih-skrim-uh-ney-shuhn]
    noun
    2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

Ever had to build a professional or personal relationship? Makes it a lot harder when you're immediately placed into a special category of people that Important Person X/Y/Z dislikes/ is scared of.
    “Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.” - George Orwell, 1984

But what is the reasoning behind not wanting to print? This is what I am not understanding
    "Printing" is not a crime in Ohio either.

1. I don't want to talk to most people.
    2. I especially don't want to talk to imbeciles whining because they saw a gun.

Ohio is an open carry state and I support people's rights to do so if they choose. I choose not to for the reasons stated above. That includes inadvertent disclosures.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast