Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: .358 Gremlin

(Carbon County)

Default .358 Gremlin

Any of ya'll have any experience with this round?
    Last edited by hk1123; May 16th, 2015 at 02:36 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: .358 Gremlin

Heres a link http://www.bfgcartridges.com/358Gremlin.html If semi's were legal in Pa. Id retire my 35 rem and get one . You can sorta mock one up by running a fired 7.62x39 through a 357 expander ball besides that the case is blown out straighter AKA Grendel .It a AR 15 platform its a real thumper. But in a modern bolt action the 35 rem will always be on top as it can be loaded past the normal book loads of 38K psi and its bigger powder capacity .
    Last edited by Tim Ault; September 25th, 2012 at 10:28 PM.

(Lancaster County)

I wonder if a .45 pistol can would suppress this safely.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Carbon County)

Whether it could or could not - my recent communication with the owner has left me looking at "wildcat"ing it up. He basically said he had no interest in putting it in the platform I was discussing, referred me to a store that had bought his dies and then stopped responding to emails. Though to be frank, his communication was terse to say the least from the get-go.
    It could be God's own cartridge - but at this point, after that communication (and true I haven't spent a dime yet; I had asked if I could BUY dummy rounds to see if my idea would even work), the experience left me a tad soured to BFGCartridges and their owner.

(Westmoreland County)

Heres something else along the same lines that may be an alternative for you from a quick browse is a necked up 6.8 case. http://68forums.com/forums/showthrea...w-bear-whacker

BTW what are you thinking on using this in ? There is also the possibility of just having a standard 7.62x39 rebored to .358 and have the neck portion of the same dies opened up. Its basically what the Russians did for their 9x39 ctg. Not as much case cap. as the necked up Grendel version but it would work .Would probably end up with what the .357 Herret or .357 Max. is capable of.
    Last edited by Tim Ault; October 13th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.