Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasions

(Delaware County)

Default Home Invasions

WTF is up with all the home invasions in Newtown Square lately?
    Last edited by BimmerJon; November 7th, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Home Invasions

Have not heard about this lately, but last night we put out our recycling which had bad of papers and I was reading a good book in the living room and heard a car outside which had louder than normal exhuast when I looked out noticed a man in his late 20's or early 30's jump out and take my paper recycling, jumped in the car which was a tan older model which looked like a ford tarus with damage to the rear drivers side with another male driving about same age as passenger and both white, before I could get outside to ask why they are taking the paper recycling they sped off very quickly.
    Glad I only put newspapers and empty ceral boxes in that bag.

(Luzerne County)

A bag of dog poop with the papers will come as a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    Have not heard about this lately, but last night we put out our recycling which had bad of papers and I was reading a good book in the living room and heard a car outside which had louder than normal exhuast when I looked out noticed a man in his late 20's or early 30's jump out and take my paper recycling, jumped in the car which was a tan older model which looked like a ford tarus with damage to the rear drivers side with another male driving about same age as passenger and both white, before I could get outside to ask why they are taking the paper recycling they sped off very quickly.
    This is a common tactic for identity theft and burgulary. The identity theft angle is obvious... they are looking for credit card applications, utility bills, or any other items that have your personal information.

The home burgulary angle is more often overlooked. Many of us tear off address labels but still throw stuff away that tells a lot about who we are and what we do. As an example I do not throw any of my gun magazines in the trash. Someone poking through my trash doesn't need to know I have firearms in my house. Same thing goes for the average hobbyist. Do we really want to advertise an interest in collecting coins, antique model trains, or high end electronics?

Do yourself and neighbors a favor and report the incident to the police. These guys have an interest in your neighborhood and they will be back. Even a partial description of the car will help. One encounter with the cops and these guys will move on to another neighborhood. Tell your neighbors also. Whatever they are up to it isn't anything good.

This is why I shred ALL my mail, destroy the labels on medicine bottles, leave my magazines at work, etc... While some may think this is extreme I know first hand from my job how much information can be obtained pulling trash.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    Hey brother. I know where you live (from talking in PMs). Strange enough.... these home invasions have been around your street. The stories I read, I'm pretty sure they mentioned a Ford Taurus too. Check out Marple Patch.

Shit's in your (our) backyard man

(Delaware County)

I went to the Marple police web page after reading the Marple patch and filled out the tip form and will wait to see if I hear back from anyone to provide any information that might help us in the future.

(Allegheny County)

What's the definition you are running with for home invasion. It has been getting used from everything from a standard burglary when you are home to the tie you up at gun point in your living room type incident.

(Delaware County)

Anytime someone uninvited enters your home

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    WTF is up with all the home invasions in Broomall/Newtown Square lately?
    Yea a lot of of stuff has been going down in Delco that has not been on the news just the other night there was a shooting in Clifton Heights only seen one small report on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast