Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My conundrum

(Lehigh County)

Default My conundrum

What should I do? I have an inherited Browning Hi-Power 9mm P-35 Nazi pistole with all the "bring back" paperwork.

I do not want to sell it, for sentimental reasons, a new one would cost almost as much as I could sell this one for if I did sell it, and I do not really have anyone to leave it to (all offers for adoption must include Father's Day cards help around the house and weekly visits to the Old Soldier's Home when that time comes).

Now:

Should I refinish it and work it over as a nice daily carry piece or get over my attachment to this inanimate object, sell it and get a modern hi-cap auto for PD, or just wait until they come to take me away to 'the home' and sell it then for a lifetime supply of Depends?

Excuse my weird sense of humor, but I am serious about the question. Input appreciated. (Please no more toilet tips.)
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: My conundrum

It's your tool.

If you want to keep it, refinish it and shoot it.

If you want to "collect" it, keep it in a box and fondle it from time to time.......get another gun for carry.

There is no right and wrong answer here....just what will make you most happy.

Lycansimplethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    It's your tool.

If you want to keep it, refinish it and shoot it.

If you want to "collect" it, keep it in a box and fondle it from time to time.......get another gun for carry.

There is no right and wrong answer here....just what will make you most happy.

Lycansimplethrope

plus 1................
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lebanon County)

Appearance isn't really important to me, so if I was in your situation I'd probably forgo the refinishing and carry it as is unless it has mechanical issues that need attention, which would of course be top priority.
    The money saved on refinishing could be put toward the eventual purchase of a new gun to replace that one, which could then be put away as a collectible, probably in a condition very near to the condition it's in right now.

Your gun, your choice, my 2¢.
    You asked for it, you got it.
    Whatever you decide to do, enjoy it.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Hokkmike Guest

This would be my choice.

(Westmoreland County)

I say collect it, leave it as is and buy a new carry piece!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

semms like it means a good bit to you... so why not clean it up, get some nice grips on it, have it re-finished and then put it in a nice display case... keep it in the bedroom and get "break in case of emergency" on the glass... lol
    This Space For Rent

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy4Blazer View Post
    semms like it means a good bit to you... so why not clean it up, get some nice grips on it, have it re-finished and then put it in a nice display case... keep it in the bedroom and get "break in case of emergency" on the glass... lol
    +1

A piece of history like this are few and far between. It's not everyday that you'd have a collectors piece like this handed to you. Some people would pay good money for an item like this, keep it, collect it and if the day ever comes that you need the extra cash, sell it.

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for the replies. I'm in no hurry to do anything with it. I like the case with the "break glass... idea.
    I suppose the historical value to someone would keep me from messing with it.
    Simple?
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Bucks County)

Clean it up, have it professionally restored, and keep it is a collector, but unless your 100% positive it is functional 100% of the time, don't carry it.

I have a bunch of take homes and though I shoot them and they seem to work good, I would never carry based on the fact they are just too old. Last thing I want is an almost 70 year old pin breaking on me when I would need it most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast