Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Flight Attendant's gun " Goes Off"

http://m.nbcphiladelphia.com/nbcphil...tguid=eiitNNz0
    NO Mr. Reporter, the gun didn't accidently go off, an incompetent TSA agent didn't know what he/ she was doing and caused a negligent discharge that nearly killed another TSA Agent. At one point I heard th reporter say" The Flight attendant's mistake caused the gun to go off.

Flight Attendant's Gun Goes Off at wAirportLAUREN DISANTO and DANIELLE JOHNSON 09/24/2012 6:23 AM

US Airways confirmed that a Republic Airlines flight attendant showed up to work Sunday at Philadelphia International Airport with a loaded gun in her bag that accidentally discharged.

A US Airways spokesperson confirmed that the employee headed through airport security at Terminal C around 6:50 a.m with a gun inside her carry-on bag. A police officer was called over to check out the gun. That's when it accidentally discharged, the spokesperson tells NBC10.

The bullet went into a TSA break room where an employee was sitting. No one was injured, police say.

The flight attendant allegedly told police that she forgot the gun was in her bag. Philadelphia Police say she had a legal permit to carry the gun.

The attendant is an employee of Republic Airlines, a small regional partner carrier who operates flights through US Airways.

The woman received a summary citation for disorderly conduct, was taken into custody and released, according to Philadelphia Police Lieutenant Ray Evers.

The plane was heading to Dallas, Texas. Another flight attendant was brought on board and the scheduled flight arrived on time, according the spokesperson.

The name of the flight attendant has not been released.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Flight Attendant's gun " Goes Off"

recieved summary citation? I thought it was a federal offense to try and pass a firearm past security checkpoint no matter if she forgot it was in her bag or that she is an employee? why the leeser offense.
    would also like to know how the firearm was mishandled and discharged knowing a PPD was handling it? that is scarry.

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    recieved summary citation? I thought it was a federal offense to try and pass a firearm past security checkpoint no matter if she forgot it was in her bag or that she is an employee? why the leeser offense.
    would also like to know how the firearm was mishandled and discharged knowing a PPD was handling it? that is scarry.

Oops I guess it was a PPD officer who fired the shot. Even worse seeing as be as actually gone through lots of firearm training.

(Philadelphia County)

Unhappy PPD Accidentially Discharges Flight Attendant's revolver in PHL Airport

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo..._goes_off.html

OMFG.

4 basic rules of firearms safety... ignored. Well, except the one about not pointing the muzzle at anything you don't intend to destroy.

(Cumberland County)

Quite a few people forget they have a gun with them. People who carry on a daily basis don't even think when they strap on their gun, it's just part of the routine. Or if you were on a weekend trip and stuck a gun in your bag and forgot to take it out. It is sad that the PPD can't handle a pistol without making it go off. If this express F/A was rushing to work and forgot to unpack her carry piece I can see that happening.

(Delaware County)

The citation against the lady should be changed to Reckless Endangerment, since she's the one who neglectfully left a loaded gun in her bag when going to a place that I'm sure she knows is a Victim Only - err, Gun Free Zone. Can't be forgetting about that kind of shit.

The PPD officer needs to be reprimanded and retrained on firearms handling. How inept with guns do you have to be?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    The citation against the lady should be changed to Reckless Endangerment, since she's the one who neglectfully left a loaded gun in her bag when going to a place that I'm sure she knows is a Victim Only - err, Gun Free Zone. Can't be forgetting about that kind of shit.

The PPD officer needs to be reprimanded and retrained on firearms handling. How inept with guns do you have to be?
    To be fair, you CAN bring guns to PHL Airport. In a TSA-approved *lockable* container:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1666.shtm

You won't be guaranteed a smooth ride, but if you have it properly contained, immediately present it at the ticket counter "Hello, I'm flying with you today and I am checking a bag and also this gun. No don't worry, I'll wait for TSA." You should be able to get from Point A to Point B.

I dunno what process that flight staff have to go through to get their weapons transported while they're working, but for passengers, you can totally take guns to to the ticket counter. You just can't take them to the gate or the plane.

I'm going to be visiting my folks and taking my 1911 with me over the holidays. I'll get to test the system out and see how these people react.

(Lehigh County)