Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Default Re: the story of my shootout

Good point! Whatever sympathy, if any, one may have for those who turn to illegal means during tough times should cease when fists or weapons get displayed in order to steal property away from the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    You're entitled to your own feelings, I just don't share some of them.
    1. I harbor a LOT of "ill will" toward armed robbers. They've decided that their DESIRE for my money is more important than my life and liberty.
    2. I was raised in the "hood" in Chicago. Animals like him RUN the South Side of Chicago.
    3. 15 year olds who point guns at other people and try to take things to which they aren't entitled, frequently never become 16 year olds. If they don't like that, they can stop (or never start) being armed robbers.

Alternatives to being an armed robber:
    1. GET A JOB.
    2. If you can't get a legit job, sell drugs.
    3. If you can't sell drugs, sell your body.
    4. If nobody's buying what you're selling, steal cars or burglarize unoccupied structures.
    5. If you can't manage any of the above, get SHOT.

As you might guess, I have quite a bit of animosity toward armed robbers. And I definitely don't grieve when one of them comes to a good end. None of them ever shed a tear for that doctor's family in Connecticut, much less the run of the mill robbery victim.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; September 27th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

(Delaware County)

The only empathy I feel is that this kid clearly had terrible parents. When I was 15, there is absolutely no way I was capable of anything remotely like armed robbery. Maybe stealing my mom's marlboro lights to share with my friends, but putting a gun in the faces of innocent strangers??? No way. I wasn't a world class citizen in my teens, but this is next level stuff. Forgiveness in my opinion, is OK as long as you bear no burden and accept no guilt.

I lived in sketchy neighborhoods in philly, never had a problem. In delco, however, I was robbed at gunpoint and the other night someone was shot about a block away from my house. Not the nicest suburb, but it sure as hell isn't anything like kensington, or chester, or any of those places. This stuff can happen anywhere, anytime.

Stay Armed. Stay Aware. Stay Smart.

Well doneand glad ya made it out alright. Did the LEO"S treat you well? Is it justifiable self defense? Kind of curios how it panned out, but understand if you cannot disclose it at this time.
    I hope your defense is not costing you anything but time.
    Once again, get well and hang tough (Like I need to say that!)

(Lebanon County)

Glad you survived, and weren't permanently disabled.

I think a bobbed or hammerless revolver is a good idea, for the ability to fire without drawing. That could be combined with the distraction being discussed, such as saying "OK, you can have my money, just don't shoot me." while putting your hand into the pocket containing the revolver and firing through your clothing.

What is your situation with aquiring a replacement firearm? What stage are you at with getting with your old one back?
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Bradford County)

If somebody intentionally points a firearm at me, I presume that they mean to shoot me with it, if not immediately, then later. EVERYTHING else I do will be premised on that.

My planned response to deadly force is deadly force, whether directly, or prefaced with some sort of pretext or distraction. Only submission or flight will alter that, and given that no warnings will be offered, the window of opportunity probably wouldn't allow for a quark sqeezing through it.

Anybody who doesn't like that is perfectly welcome to NOT put me in immediate and credible fear of life and limb, and to encourage their relatives and friends to do likewise.
    You appear to have misunderstood... I was referring to whether or not to use distraction as a defensive tool, not to whether or not you should make brain soup of the assailant.

Distraction = case by case situation.

Brain Soup = Only logical option to defend your life against a deadly and continual threat.

(Montgomery County)

Im glad that you are ok and they arent so much. Good on you for protecting yourself.
    Recommendations: get your property back. Then sell it. Buy a quality firearm, like a S&W J frame .38Spl of some kind, like you mentioned. Invest in quality training.
    Stay safe out there!
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Northumberland County)

glad you had a speedy recovery! i admire your bravery for how you handled the situation , sorry i wasnt following the posts i must have missed it. In the meantime do you have a gun for protection as of now? if not dont wait till your P11 comes back invest in a cheap Ruger pistol or used gun . I hope one of the members here who have an extra handgun to give you for your bravery in street combat , it wont hurt to ask some people on the board here if they have an extra gun, again i praise you for your ordeal.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

OP, +rep for scoring one for the good guys. I imagine you've unintentionally prevented some future crimes, not only because the perp went to jail, but because he, his accomplices, friends and acquaintances might think twice about victimizing someone when they remember the crazy bastard that shot back.

If more victims fought back like you did, we'd certainly have less crime.

(Bucks County)

hey so sorry for the absense, picked up holiday hours at my old job so with the exception of one sick sunday, i worked literally every day in october. then sandy. and besides that im lazy and not very good at checking things.

If somebody intentionally points a firearm at me, I presume that they mean to shoot me with it, if not immediately, then later. EVERYTHING else I do will be premised on that.

My planned response to deadly force is deadly force, whether directly, or prefaced with some sort of pretext or distraction. Only submission or flight will alter that, and given that no warnings will be offered, the window of opportunity probably wouldn't allow for a quark sqeezing through it.

Anybody who doesn't like that is perfectly welcome to NOT put me in immediate and credible fear of life and limb, and to encourage their relatives and friends to do likewise.
    i like the way you think. you think like me.

Quote Originally Posted by tollster View Post
    Well doneand glad ya made it out alright. Did the LEO"S treat you well? Is it justifiable self defense? Kind of curios how it panned out, but understand if you cannot disclose it at this time.
    I hope your defense is not costing you anything but time.
    Once again, get well and hang tough (Like I need to say that!)
    one of the first things that they told me was that they had no intention of charging me. i had a bullet go through me before i pulled the trigger, i dont think it matters much where or when that happens, its self defence. so between that having my ltcf they didnt bother with me. officers that recognised me while walking around the trauma floor usually gave me kudos, one said something along the lines of 'people like you make my job easier.' was a bit of a switch from being a kid walking around doylestown and the cops just LOOK for reasons to bust you

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    glad you had a speedy recovery! i admire your bravery for how you handled the situation , sorry i wasnt following the posts i must have missed it. In the meantime do you have a gun for protection as of now? if not dont wait till your P11 comes back invest in a cheap Ruger pistol or used gun . I hope one of the members here who have an extra handgun to give you for your bravery in street combat , it wont hurt to ask some people on the board here if they have an extra gun, again i praise you for your ordeal.

there have been a large number of people who have offered ammo and contributions torwards a new gun, and actually i did get a pm from another member who i very much need to call and talk with about getting the old one back. so far ive been uncomfortable accepting money or such, but if there happens to be a hoarder around who wants to do some safe cleaning, that might be a slightly different circumstance.
    Last edited by eells; November 9th, 2012 at 03:07 AM.
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

(Mercer County)

Amazing story glad everything turned out for the good. I believe you were right in what you did.
    We had some teens kill a local biisness man where I live. They didn't rob him even thougj he had money. The video just shows them luring him out and shooting him multiple times with a .22.
    Another teen broke o.to a home asked the a hit for money. The elderly man had none so the kid shot and killed him.
    Just last week a kid tried to break I.to a house and the man shot him through the door and shot him in the testicles. No charges filed against him and they didn't take hos gun that i know of.
    As much as some people say do this or that they weren't there. Words never tell the whole story or how fast it actually happened.

I have a ton of respect for you and what you did and how you handled the situation. You saw an opportunity to get a advantage on a BG and you did just that.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213