Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default To sell or not to sell my 4" XD40

I generally subscribe to the the more guns the better school of thought, but lately I've been tossing the idea around of selling/trading in my XD40 service model to help fund the desire of a Glock 19. I really don't need to sell the XD to buy the Glock, just like seeing the smaller dents in the bank account when possible.

I like the gun, and I shoot it pretty well. It just rarely leaves the safe. I bought a CW9 for carry, and a SR22PB for cheap practice. It doesn't really serve a purpose of a home defense gun because it's locked in the safe, and any intruder will be staring down the barrel of my Mossberg 590 if the situation arose. At some point I'd like to move to the Glock for the carry piece, perhaps winter months and I think it would be much easier to teach my wife with a 9mm rather than a .40.

What would you guys do?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: To sell or not to sell my 4" XD40

I had the same gun a few yrs ago. It never felt right to me, kind of top-heavy. Before I made up my mind to sell it, the trigger spring broke with under 1k rnds through it. So, I had it fixed and sold it. I went Glock and never looked back.
    Only you can decide whether you want to keep it or not. For me, it was no problem letting it go considering the history and unbalance it felt. Lately, like you, I have been picking up new guns and whittling down something else in it's place that isn't as desired. Where once I had around 20 handguns/rifles/shotguns I now total 8.

(Washington County)

I have had my xd40 for about 6 years and it is one of the pistols I will hold on to for a long time. With that said, I recently got a Glock 19 and I am totally in love with it right now.
    I would keep the xd and add a 19 to the mix. Both serve me well and both are deemed very reliable in my book. Right now the 19 has been coming with me and the Xd is more a nightstand gun right now.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Butler County)

I hear you about being in love with the 19. I rented one at an indoor range a few weeks ago, and it took everything I had not to walk out the door with one. The biggest thing holding me back is the fact that it was the first firearm I've ever purchased.

(Philadelphia County)

I hear you not trying to tap into the funds I'm the same way. I'm always looking at what can I sell or trade but in the long run its really not worth it. If you absolutely don't need to sell the xd to get money for the 19 I just wouldn't do it. Down the road you most likely will regret it. Maybe end up spend more money because you'll go back and buy another xd.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Liftheavybrah View Post
    I hear you not trying to tap into the funds I'm the same way. I'm always looking at what can I sell or trade but in the long run its really not worth it. If you absolutely don't need to sell the xd to get money for the 19 I just wouldn't do it. Down the road you most likely will regret it. Maybe end up spend more money because you'll go back and buy another xd.
    I'll probably just hold off with the Glock for a few months so I can build my savings back up a bit. I just shelled out some serious cash having my house and garage prepped and painted. Warning to anyone in the market to buy a house. Old homes with wood siding are beautiful, but aren't cheap to maintain.

We'll have to see how the election goes as well. If it goes how I don't want it to go, I think an AK will be my next purchase.