Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Relocated to PA from NJ, how to buy a rifle?

Hi all,

I was recently relocated to Moscow PA from NJ. In NJ I held a firearms ID card and was able to buy a few nice target rifles years ago. I recall the process was once I got my firearms I'd card, then I signed on with an ffl, and mail ordered what I wanted. Now that I'm in PA, I made the mistake of stopping in Gander mountain to buy a new tent. After a few minutes perusing the gun department I got the fever again. So my question is...what is the process to buy something like a Marlin lever action rifle, or maybe a Taurus 1911...? How does it work in PA?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Relocated to PA from NJ, how to buy a rifle?

Are you a Pa resident with a Dl or other state or county issued ID?
    If so nothing. Go buy it.

Handgun or long gun, fill out the paperwork, plunk your $$ down and walk out.

Welcome to freedom.
    FUCK BIDEN

You go into the store and say "give me the 30-30". You show them your PA Driver's license, they call it into NICS (2 minutes), you give them the cash, and you go home with your rifle.

Welcome to PA.

And if you want to carry any of your handguns in PA you can do so as long as you are not concealed (in a car is concealed). You don't need to do anything to open carry in PA, just remember NO CARS.

If you want to conceal carry or carry in a vehicle just go to your local sheriff and fill out the paperwork. I can't speak for your county but I completed the whole process in 10 minutes in mine.

Here is a helpful thread that I strongly encourage you to read when you have time

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...carry-you.html

Both of these things would be impossible in NJ.

(Lackawanna County)

Wow.....sounds like I'm gonna love it here! I am heading to the motor vehicle place on Monday to do my license. Any ranges around my area in Lackawanna county? I saw the pocono pistol club in stroudsburg, but was looking for a nice outdoor range...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Jones View Post
    Wow.....sounds like I'm gonna love it here! I am heading to the motor vehicle place on Monday to do my license. Any ranges around my area in Lackawanna county? I saw the pocono pistol club in stroudsburg, but was looking for a nice outdoor range...
    I'm all the way near Ohio and we have quite a few here. Your best bet is to link up with some members here, quite a few are from your county, they would know best.

Here's one fella

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/186...ml#post2151031

You also have county specific sub forums on the bottom. By the way, I lived in Morris, Passaic, Mercer and Union County for 30 years prior to coming here

Didn't get into firearms while in NJ, the process just seemed too daunting, moreover I felt had no use for a pistol if I couldn't protect myself once I walk out my front door....all the best.
    Last edited by EandGWZ; September 21st, 2012 at 11:27 PM.

(Delaware County)

Welcome to the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please read all the stickies in the main forum about purchase, transfer, carry laws.

Then ask as many questions as you'd like. For now...... if you do buy a firearm, drive straight home with it and keep it unloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    You go into the store and say "give me the 30-30". You show them your PA Driver's license, they call it into NICS (2 minutes), you give them the cash, and you go home with your rifle.

Welcome to PA.
    I will add to this appreciate living in a free state and you bascially have the answer. PA has a much better understanding of the constitution than jersey
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

And if you want to carry any of your handguns in PA you can do so as long as you are not concealed (in a car is concealed).
    Not exactly. Concealed carry and transport in/on a vehicle are treated separately under PA law, with somewhat different requirements.

(Monroe County)

Welcome to PA.
    Quoted for truth. It's never longer than a 10 min deal for me. Hell it takes me longer to browse the used racks than it does to buy a gun. Welcome to freedom
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast