Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    (Pike County)

Default Re: New(ish) Pistol Range in Philadelphia

Went there with my daughter recently. Great experience, as always. Had a blast (no pun) playing battleships - a vaguely game based target with boats, you have to sink.
    Je suis déplorable

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Went there with my daughter recently. Great experience, as always. Had a blast (no pun) playing battleships - a vaguely game based target with boats, you have to sink.
    I am going tomorrow with a friend. I have the battleship and poker hand targets, I picked them up at an Oaks show.

I will be testing out a recently purchased SKS and Mossberg 20 gauge. I will also be able to finally give a review of the Taurus that my buddy bought. We plan to put about 150 rounds through it with 50 being steel cased.
    Last edited by mpan72; April 20th, 2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: removed an answered question.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Went today after work. Not crowded but I was there at about 4:30 or so. The range was relatively clean. There were new faces because I have not been there in quite a while. They were all pleasant and no one seemed like a gun commando type. There seems to be a pattern with the people who work there, it probably comes from the owner.

I have read complaints on yelp about the range being smokey lately. I was shooting my SKS and a shotgun. There were other rifles being at the same time as well as several handguns. The air filtration system handled it with no problem. That smell you pick up when in a poorly ventilated range was not present. All the carriers that I saw were working fine.

Now on to Yuri the owner. I have been to the range about ten times and on most visits I have seen him commit a nicety to someone. Today was my turn. He noticed me shooting the SKS and came over to say "nice gun". I was loading it by hand. I have been trying to get some stripper strips for it but after doing some research I did not want to buy cheep commercial clips. I wanted some good milsurp clips. Yuri asked me to come out into the counter area and said I would be happy. He jokingly asked me my birthday. I answered with a puzzled look on my face . He said ''happy birthday" and handed me about ten good clips. They are the nice well constructed milsurp clips. I thanked him wholeheartedly and the smile on his face was as big as mine. I think he is a truly nice guy who thoroughly likes to do nice things for people. He is also a shit ton of fun to be around.

All in all a great trip with one flaw. I had some serious feeding issues with my LCP. I only brought one type of ammo with me for it and can not be sure if it was ammo related. I guess I will just have to make another trip very soon and shelf the little gun until I figure out my next move.

(Pike County)

Yup. This is good ole Yuri
    Je suis déplorable

(Philadelphia County)

I love this range, the people are friendly to me and mindful, I am a member and will continue my support of them (both with my words and dollars!!!). Please keep it up PGR!

Wishlist: FFL transfers (at a reasonable price) for members would be awesome! I can't even imagine FFL transfers in center city for sub $30, would be amazing and very pro 2nd A of you!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    I love this range, the people are friendly to me and mindful, I am a member and will continue my support of them (both with my words and dollars!!!). Please keep it up PGR!

Wishlist: FFL transfers (at a reasonable price) for members would be awesome! I can't even imagine FFL transfers in center city for sub $30, would be amazing and very pro 2nd A of you!
    Did they get their FFL? I know they had resistance when they tried and were unsuccessful at that time.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Did they get their FFL? I know they had resistance when they tried and were unsuccessful at that time.
    believe they are battling but i cant speak for them... it would be cool though for FFL transfers at a reasonable rate for members only as a special feature

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021