Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: New(ish) Pistol Range in Philadelphia

Glad to hear this range is under new management.

Good luck to you guys. It's now (again) the closest range to my house :-)

help explain the memberships

if i paid 150.00 i can't bring my suppressor? why the additional 30% markup?

how much is a class3 family membership?

can we bring our own ammo?

i don't want people to know i have class 3, why not just charge everyone 200.00 vs the 2 levels of membership.

(Philadelphia County)

Firstly we must say that we truly appreciate your input and comments.

In this particular instance a valid observation is made in relation to our annual membership cost structure. We recognize that we lacked specificity on our website and will fix it.

For now we would like to take the opportunity to explain our intentions more clearly.

We elected to have these various degrees of membership based on the maintenance required by our equipment as a consequence of use; more specifically, we had the use of long arms and select fire equipment in mind and did not consider suppressors.

By the way; .22LR Rifles are not considered long arms, pistol cartridge chambered carbines are considered long arms. This is simply based on kinetic energy and the wear and tear caused to our equipment.

If a firearm is brought to our range that utilizes a suppressor, but is not a long arm, or select fire, but rather is a hand gun that is suppressed, it will be viewed as a hand gun.

We ask that every person using any Class III equipment present to us the appropriate documentation.

You may bring your own ammunition. Please see restrictions for ammo use on website. We do carry ammo and it is very reasonably priced and of course we would prefer that our clients buy ammo from us.

We also have targets and some rental guns.

Note that we do not permit reloaded ammunition to be used at our range.

Finally, family means your immediate family and yes an entire family armed with select fire arms and suppressors would be welcomed at our facility for $195.00 per year, but it sure would be nice to get their full support in return for this fair price, and have them buy our ammo, which with the exception of the Wolf 7.62x39, is all proudly made in the U.S.A.

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you for your kind wishes ArcticSplash.

(Philadelphia County)

beex215, don't let this minor detail stop you from visiting us, we may have a spot even for you

I am looking forward to checking this place out.

would an adult child be included in the family membership? if not, are there any discounts for family members who wish to join?

can any ( in my case two) members of the family use the range independent of the other family member?

your location is super close for me. i dont mind spending some dough at my LGS/Ranges but the ability to bring my own ammo, should i choose, is a must.

Please dont get the impression im looking for some super cheap place to use. i understand the challenges and expense of a new venture. i like to be able to shot a lot so i need to watch ammo cost close.

will you have bulk ammo available for sale?

any test runs for possible new members? such as range fees applied to membership if one chooses to join upon/after visiting?

im sure ill be in to visit soon, thanks and best of luck!
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Delaware County)

First off congradulations on getting your range up and running in the city.
    I know the place has past history from old owner but glad you decided to take it over and get it going.
    I work in the city and hope to stop down and try out the range soon and I will introduce myself and let you know how the range experience was.
    No matter when I can stop in, I still give you my best wishes and that your buisness is successful.

(Philadelphia County)

Like the others posting above, welcome and good luck! I'll definitely be by to check you out. Will you be having hunter's education classes there as well?

(Philadelphia County)

Hello:
    We will try to answer the above questions as clearly as we can.

1. Adult child; in our eyes an adult child is still your child and will be included in the annual family membership fee of $195.00. We will permit children as young as 12, but while using a firearm, they may not be left unattended by their parent or legal guardian. The maturity of the child is paramount in our eyes, regardless of age.

All of our staff members have considerable experience teaching youth in the proper handling and use of firearms. Needless to say that experience is at our client’s disposal at no cost, regardless of their age. We are more than happy to give pointers to all.

Philosophically we prefer an informed clientele. We approach the matter as a communal teaching experience.

We have a no compromise approach when it comes to safety and a safe attitude. We will be very clear with anyone who compromises the general safety of our clients, staff or equipment; they will be permanently banned from our facility.

2. Lane use; if two or more members come at one time, they may use multiple lanes, as long as, the range is not overly busy.

Note on Membership: We are planning on launching the membership aspect of the business sometime next week. Also please see our website for our criteria on membership.

3. On ammo: We are here as part of the shooting community and would like to enable the sport in a legal and prudent manner. If a client wishes to buy in “bulk ammo”, within reason 500-1000 rounds or so, we will be more than happy to help.
    Remember, our ammo prices a very reasonable; we don’t want to stifle our clients.

4. Test runs for new members: there is no “test” per se. However, we do expect our clients to abide by all safety rules and display a willingness to learn and accept “constructive criticism”, especially on matters of safety.

Mechanically we are planning on potentially offering a membership to a client after we have had a chance to observe them at our facility. We will have to work out the finer details once we start the membership process sometime next week.

(Philadelphia County)

Hello:
    We will try to answer the above questions as clearly as we can.

1. Adult child; in our eyes an adult child is still your child and will be included in the annual family membership fee of $195.00. We will permit children as young as 12, but while using a firearm, they may not be left unattended by their parent or legal guardian. The maturity of the child is paramount in our eyes, regardless of age.

All of our staff members have considerable experience teaching youth in the proper handling and use of firearms. Needless to say that experience is at our client’s disposal at no cost, regardless of their age. We are more than happy to give pointers to all.

Philosophically we prefer an informed clientele. We approach the matter as a communal teaching experience.

We have a no compromise approach when it comes to safety and a safe attitude. We will be very clear with anyone who compromises the general safety of our clients, staff or equipment; they will be permanently banned from our facility.

2. Lane use; if two or more members come at one time, they may use multiple lanes, as long as, the range is not overly busy.

Note on Membership: We are planning on launching the membership aspect of the business sometime next week. Also please see our website for our criteria on membership.

3. On ammo: We are here as part of the shooting community and would like to enable the sport in a legal and prudent manner. If a client wishes to buy in “bulk ammo”, within reason 500-1000 rounds or so, we will be more than happy to help.
    Remember, our ammo prices a very reasonable; we don’t want to stifle our clients.

4. Test runs for new members: there is no “test” per se. However, we do expect our clients to abide by all safety rules and display a willingness to learn and accept “constructive criticism”, especially on matters of safety.

Mechanically we are planning on potentially offering a membership to a client after we have had a chance to observe them at our facility. We will have to work out the finer details once we start the membership process sometime next week.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast