Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: New(ish) Pistol Range in Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    From what I understand, their gun sales plans went bust thanks to good old Philly anti-gun politics...
    I do not know the answer, and your response is as good as any. I have been in the establishment a number of times since they opened and I believe they have not been quite honest in their response to the question of gun sales. They claim they are still waiting for the approval, yet it has been a few years since they opened. There could be the possibility that they do not have the capitol to front for an inventory of firearms worthy of an indoor range. Whatever the case, they are losing a lot of money, especially at indoor ranges where impulse buying of firearms runs wild. I have seen this at SPAG where the "got to have the gun now" crowd will overpay for the latest and greatest must have.

(Philadelphia County)

-----------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by JRM624; February 21st, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Good to hear!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JRM624 View Post
    Hello!

I work at The Gun Range, so I just wanted to come clear up the confusion. I'm not allowed to say much, but we will be selling soon. Our first (and hopefully only) zoning hearing is coming up in less than 2 weeks :-)

That's really all I'm allowed to say. The Philly anti-gunners have been a huge PITA for us, but I feel we are finally making progress.

Thanks!
    Thank you for the update.

I am surprised that the philly antis did not jam up your pursuit of an indoor shooting range. I find it beyond ironic that a zoning hearing panel approved a shooting range with perceived noise and safety concerns, but breaks your stones regarding gun sales under the watchful eye of the ATF and paper work tonnage. Besides, there are a number of other shooting ranges that jumped through the hoops and had retail gun sales in the same time frame as the operation of the range. I wish you the best in whatever pursuit your business pursues. As I said, I have visited your facility and have been impressed by your friendly and useful advise. I feel badly for whatever roadblocks philly has thrown in front of you.

(Tioga County)

Default Advocates protest plan to open gun shop on reviving Spring Garden Street neighborhood

MikeP

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Advocates protest plan to open gun shop on reviving Spring Garden Street neighbor

I like how in the article it is implied that new homes are being built and the neighborhood is flourishing because the original gun store closed down.The developement and housing boom in that area has nothing to do with the presence or absence of a gun store....They make it sound as if the shop was a strip joint that features lap dances on the sidewalk out front.
    Last edited by Krichardson; August 10th, 2015 at 08:18 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Advocates protest plan to open gun shop on reviving Spring Garden Street neighbor

I can't believe I made it through that entire article...

It's 8:17 AM and my bullshit meter is already pegged...

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I can't believe I made it through that entire article...

It's 8:17 AM and my bullshit meter is already pegged...
    If you read some of the comments, you probably would have a stroke.
    MikeP

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I like how in the article it is implied that new homes are being built and the neighborhood is flourishing because the original gun store closed down.The developement and housing boom in that area has nothing to do with the presence or absence of a gun store....They make it sound as if the shop was a strip joint that features lap dances on the sidewalk out front.
    The antis were never known for their honesty nor integrity. Does anyone know if the church and temple across the street were there before the gun range? The fraud pastor made himself look like a fool claiming to be from West Virginia and being around guns, then making a statement regarding the range breaking the zoning laws. I hope the good reverend knows more about the bible than he knows about zoning. Obviously the range would not have received the permit if there was a zoning issue regarding being X number of feet from a church.

(Berks County)

Yuri and company, I wish you all the best dealing with these nut jobs.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast