Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Armstrong County)

Default Indiana PA Youth Rifle Program

I attended the gun show at the S&T Arena earlier this year, and a nice older gentleman there told me about a youth rifle program he runs at the Indiana Fairgrounds in the fall and winter. I do not have any other information, and I am hoping that somebody here can provide me with a contact person's name and email address or telephone number. Also, if anyone has any experience with this program, I would welcome the feedback. Thanks.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Indiana PA Youth Rifle Program

So, I have been reading here for a long time, and I have learned a lot over the years without ever joining the discussion until now. I am hoping to be able to reciprocate from time to time by sharing with others what I know.

Since I did not recieve a response to my post yesterday, I posted the same question on another forum, and I received a perfect response. I thought I would share it here, and I hope that is okay.

Club News

Firearm Safety and Marksmanship Course

The 2013 firearm safety and marksmanship course will start on Tuesday October 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM in the Sportsman building at Mack Park, (Indiana County Fair Grounds). The program is open to children 9 years old and up. The program will be held weekly on Tuesday evenings.

We will be using precision .22 caliber and .177 Air Rifles. We will be teaching Olympic Style Three Position Rifle Shooting.

This is the same style of shooting used by colleges and universities that give scholarships for three position rifle shooting.

A grant from the NRA Foundation, “Friends of the NRA” supplies all necessary equipment and ammunition for the children.

Interested adults are also welcome to attend the sessions.

Ear and eye protection is mandatory and furnished.

This training is conducted under the name “Indiana County Junior Marksmanship Training Unit.”

For more information or to register call or email;

Joseph F. Benamati

H - 724-479-8202
    C - 724-388-2792
    jfbenamati@verizon.net