Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default homelessness and the LTCF

Does becoming homeless void your LTCF because you don't have an address?
    No amount of law enforcement can solve a problem that goes back to the family~J.E.Hoover

Default Re: homelessness and the LTCF

That's a good question. I do remember a thread wherein someone tried to omit his place of employment, and that caused a big stink at the Sheriff Office.

I think since most licensing centers feel like they can make up their own rules (references and where they live, the local police check card), I'd wager that they would give you a hard time for not having an address.

Or, an address could be required, since it says on mine that I must notify the office when I move.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachera View Post
    No. The process for revocation is spelled out in the UFA, and a change of address is not functionally the same.

However, it would probably be impossible to obtain the license without an address. And if you have an license and then become homeless, and the LTCF is revoked for some other reason, the issuing authority would send the required notice of revocation to your old address, and you would probably not receive it. So your piece of paper would not be valid after revocation, even if you never received actual notice.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    No. The process for revocation is spelled out in the UFA, and a change of address is not functionally the same.

However, it would probably be impossible to obtain the license without an address. And if you have an license and then become homeless, and the LTCF is revoked for some other reason, the issuing authority would send the required notice of revocation to your old address, and you would probably not receive it. So your piece of paper would not be valid after revocation, even if you never received actual notice.
    Out of curiosity, since "lack of a permanent address" is not a grounds for denying an LTCF, if someone applied and listed their address as "under the 9th st bridge", or something like that. Wouldn't they have a fairly good basis for challenging any refusal to issue them a license (assuming they could get a lawyer)?

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    Out of curiosity, since "lack of a permanent address" is not a grounds for denying an LTCF, if someone applied and listed their address as "under the 9th st bridge", or something like that. Wouldn't they have a fairly good basis for challenging any refusal to issue them a license (assuming they could get a lawyer)?
    I have had surprisingly few homeless people hire me.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    I'm thinking the actual question here is if you had your LTCF and became homeless can you still renew, re-read bolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    That's a good question. I do remember a thread wherein someone tried to omit his place of employment, and that caused a big stink at the Sheriff Office.

A place of employment should not be required to acquire your LTCF, that is just a local sheriff being a prick. What if you have found yourself unemployed in this crap-shoot economy, does that make you unfit to have a LTCF because you can not supply them with an employers info?
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Centre County)

I always wondered how things like that worked if you lived in an RV and were a nomadic retiree.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    I always wondered how things like that worked if you lived in an RV and were a nomadic retiree.
    How do these nomadic retirees get their pension checks, Social Security checks, stock dividends, or responses to their endless Letters to the Editor regarding "kids these days"?

They at least have a PO box, if not a more substantial point of contact.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    How do these nomadic retirees get their pension checks, Social Security checks, stock dividends, or responses to their endless Letters to the Editor regarding "kids these days"?
    And don't forget about their AARP newsletters.

I imagine that it's not dissimilar to obtaining a driver's license. Now, I don't have any answers on how that works, but I did find these couple links:

http://homelesslaw.wordpress.com/201...ng-an-address/

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/m...he-s-living-in

It would really suck to be homeless.

Can I put a PO box as address on my LTCF application?

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast