Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Looking for a workout partner, wanting to get in shape to enlist

I've really been contemplating enlisting lately, especially now that I find myself unemployed and "over-qualified" for too many jobs because of my Associates degree. It is something I've always wanted to do and before I get too old I think it's time to do it.

The problem is... since I've left high school I've found it hard to get the motivation to constantly work out, I've had periods here and there where I did but nothing consistent. I'm not a fat ass or anything, my metabolism has been a great help there but I have no cardio and my strength is definitely not at a high point.

If there is someone in the Lancaster area that'd be interested in a workout partner let me know. Or even if you have some good routines that you think would help me accomplish my goal, let me know!

(York County)

Default Re: Looking for a workout partner, wanting to get in shape to enlist

Your first objective is to decide what Branch you are interested in and visit a recruiter. Wouldn't it be better to know what is expected before and/or while you are exercising?
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Chester County)

I'm interested in the Marines and I'm familiar with their requirements.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XavierBK View Post
    I'm interested in the Marines and I'm familiar with their requirements.
    OUTSTANDING! Let us know how it goes and thanks for your future service to our great country.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Monroe County)

Whatever work out plan you come up with remember not to tear yourself up or injure yourself by taking it to far. Work within the PT frames that the Marines recomend. Also just a side note, all of the services will begin shedding bodies soon in the next late and great drawdown. It will restrict but not eliminate enlistments. They can afford to be much more selective in their choices. Good luck in your career choice.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm back on the gym bandwagon. When I moved to PA I used to weigh 178 and had a 6 pack.

Now I weigh 205 and I got asked at the bar "when's the baby due?"

Gotta do what I did last time. Cut the carbs, drop to 165... lift until I get back up to 185 and all solid muscle. Good luck OP on your trek.